PDA

View Full Version : Little turf I installed

UniversityLandscapers
06-06-2008, 12:44 PM
This is a pic of a small lawn I installed last week. Underestimated it a bit, since I mismeasured the area and had to order more turf. Also, I underestimated how long it would take to dig the old stuff up, since it was thick weeds and stuff at a house that had been abandoned for 5 years.

I ended up charging about $1100 for the job and it took 2 days with 2 guys, so not terribly profitable with all the costs. I also did some planting and pruning in the front yard which I billed separately, but I don't have pics of that. They just wanted the house spruced up a bit before they sell it off as part of an estate.

musician/lawnman
06-06-2008, 05:06 PM
Cool deal,

The sods kind of got a checkered look to it. Was that intentional or just the camera playing tricks on me?

UniversityLandscapers
06-06-2008, 05:20 PM
Our sod comes in rolls, so it's just the look from the grass being bent in the roll. Once it starts growing, that look goes away.

quickcleanlawn
06-07-2008, 10:47 AM
looks great !
what type of turf is that?
does the type of grass play a big role in your estimate ?

landonkade
06-07-2008, 11:03 AM
Quote[/b] (UniversityLandscapers @ June 06 2008,1:44)]This is a pic of a small lawn I installed last week. Underestimated it a bit, since I mismeasured the area and had to order more turf. Also, I underestimated how long it would take to dig the old stuff up, since it was thick weeds and stuff at a house that had been abandoned for 5 years.

I ended up charging about $1100 for the job and it took 2 days with 2 guys, so not terribly profitable with all the costs. I also did some planting and pruning in the front yard which I billed separately, but I don't have pics of that. They just wanted the house spruced up a bit before they sell it off as part of an estate.
did you sod the whole yard for $1,100 or just that area

UniversityLandscapers
06-07-2008, 11:16 AM
That was the only area that needed sod. The rest of the yard in the front was just terraced beds which I did a bit of planting and pruning in, and I billed separately for that. The sod is a mix of perennial rye and Kentucky bluegrass...and I think there's some kind of fescue in there as well, not 100% sure though.

The sod farm we buy from uses this for their "supreme" turf, they also offer "sports" turf, which is the same grass, but with no netting in the turf. There's also a shade blend, which is in a sand based soil and has different kinds of grass in it, but not sure what kind.

comanche
06-16-2008, 01:06 AM
hey Dave,

Can you tell who you got the sod from? Might have another job for them! Have some old customers down in Surrey.