PDA

View Full Version : New photos of recent work

musician/lawnman
05-14-2008, 11:15 PM
Hey gang,

*I just finished updating the website a bit more & added some new photos to the photo page.... a couple more lawns under the lawn care section & if you scroll down a bit I added a before & after section for a bunch of recent clean up & trimming jobs, all of which have been done in the last 10 days or so! *(prior to having this site up I was very good about remembering to take before & after shots, I just jumped in & got it done...) Now I have somewhere to display them. *So here they are, what do ya think!?

http://www.charlottecountylawns.com/photos.html

gmoney55
05-15-2008, 12:20 AM
It looks good. I like the website also. I am starting to work on a website also. I have taken a ton of pics of some clean up jobs and such and would like to put them on my site when it is up. That is also good advertising showing the before and after pictures i think. I took before and after pics and was going to make a portfolio to show to prospective clients that wanted to see my work but if i do the website i can post them on there and have the same affect as a portfolio. good job with the pics and the site

Little's
05-15-2008, 12:28 AM
Great job! I really like the before and after pics. I always seem to get halfway through a job before I remember I should have taken a picture. "Oh well, maybe next time."

Steve
05-15-2008, 11:26 AM
Very nice work!

There are a lot of really beautiful homes in those pictures.

How long did it take you to update that page?

Were you using a some kind of template or no?

Do you have any suggestions on how the best way is to display such pictures?

Should you use thumbnails that can then expand to bigger pictures when they are clicked on?

musician/lawnman
05-15-2008, 02:24 PM
Yeah I have some really nice properties I maintain.
It took me about 30 minutes to add that whole section. (including resizing all the photos & organizing them in the right folder). I've gotten pretty quick at it.
No I didn't use a template, just organized them where I wanted them. I arranged them to display side by side, before on the left & after on the right. Some browsers seem to show that section one above the other though..? Wierd. How did it display for you guys?

I don't really have any suggestions I just used my eyes & tried to make it look good. I'd like to find a way to make a slide show of before & afters. I think it would have more impact visually if each image continually toogled back & forth between it's before & after. If any one knows how to make & save a slide show as a file let me know!

Steve
05-15-2008, 10:28 PM
Quote[/b] ]Some browsers seem to show that section one above the other though..? Wierd. How did it display for you guys?

Mine was displayed one on top pf the other, at least the bottom images were. I use firefox.

Quote[/b] ] I'd like to find a way to make a slide show of before & afters.

I think you would want to use a flash program to do this. However a really cheap & easy way to do this would be to have your images hosted on a site like http://www.slide.com/ then use their embed code to place the slide show on your site.

If you experiment with that, let me know.

All Aspects Landscaping
05-16-2008, 05:34 AM
I think Im going to buy one of those properties so I can have AAA Lawncare maintain my house.

musician/lawnman
05-16-2008, 10:48 PM
I might have to charge you extra Jamie.... (you've been in the business, you'd be a picky PITA.)
http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/pointlaugh.gif

All Aspects Landscaping
05-16-2008, 11:35 PM
NEVER... Im the easiest man in the world to get along with... talk about opinionated and ball busting.... jeez... calling me a PITA?http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif Man o man...

But Id pay double to have AAA cut my house....

BTW... do you come to Jersey??

musician/lawnman
05-16-2008, 11:41 PM
Yeah but charge a hefty rate per mile for each mile outside or normal territory..... Call it ahhh $4./mile

what's it about a thousand miles from south florida to jersey?
besides... the jersey turnpike is a real pain in the can.
haha

All Aspects Landscaping
05-16-2008, 11:44 PM
well worth it to see that mug every week... best part is, I only have about 2200 sq ft of grass...

Were planning on disney in the end of Jan. Whats the chances we can plan a day in the park or a day at the pool with the families??

musician/lawnman
05-16-2008, 11:49 PM
Yeah man that would be cool as ####.
I'd like that. though.... we've been in florida too long dude. I don't go in the darn pool in january! Blood is too thin, I might not be snowing & freezing cold but it's too cold for my happy azz to be in the pool!

All Aspects Landscaping
05-17-2008, 12:01 AM
Kids and Wives can go swimming ... you can have a beer and I a shirley temple!!! & well check out the "local scenery"...lol... havent drank in 12 years.

musician/lawnman
05-17-2008, 12:09 AM
Sounds good man.