PDA

View Full Version : The One Call truck.  $250,000  Ouch!

Little's
05-09-2008, 12:12 AM
I know I posted a picture of this before. These pictures may be a little better. By the way, this setup cost the owners $250,000. The hose reels on the top by the gooseneck (there are actually 4 of them) is a full spraying setup.
http://littlestreeworks.com/ebay/100_0431l.JPG
http://littlestreeworks.com/ebay/100_0432l.JPG

Steve
05-09-2008, 08:02 AM
Brandon,

Thank you for the great pictures! Did you get a chance to talk with the owner or employees?

How long have they been in business?

What made them decide to go all out and buy this set up?

It is beautiful but expensive!

What's your view when you look at this business and vehicle setup?

kyfireman2004
05-10-2008, 07:32 PM
Who was the maker of that trailer?
Lou

pnplawn
05-10-2008, 09:10 PM
Guess what. Someone steals it they get it all.......

justin_time
05-10-2008, 09:34 PM
I wouldn't be able to get to most of my customers with that kind of truck. I would have to park on the road.. then it would create some advertising hehe... http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

All Aspects Landscaping
05-10-2008, 10:20 PM
I think its the greatest thing I've seen in a while... if you can effectively provide all of those services, why not do it all while youre there... I would call bulls*** on that price tag though. $150,000 maybe with equiptment... but not $250,000 unless there is something that I am not seeing...

Got my motor going...

StealthDumpTrucks
05-11-2008, 01:09 PM
The whole set-up gave me some vehicle ideas related to a completely different function than landscaping. However, I also have some new ideas for landscaping using the fifth wheel trailer concept. All of them considerably less expensive than the stated price with potential to generate more cash flow.

Steve
05-11-2008, 02:18 PM
Eric,

Could you ever for see yourself getting into custom lawn care trucks, like super lawn trucks?

Do you like the concept of their business and their vehicles?

StealthDumpTrucks
05-11-2008, 05:32 PM
I really like their concept and can certainly relate to the story about how it all started.

StartALawnCareBusiness
05-12-2008, 01:33 AM
Quote[/b] ]However, I also have some new ideas for landscaping using the fifth wheel trailer concept.

I can see adding a dividing wall between the rear section of the trailer and the equipment section and using the rear section as a mulch holder capable of dumping...either dumping to the rear or to either side.

Keith

StealthDumpTrucks
05-12-2008, 02:43 AM
...I think it's already a dump trailer. I try to think of the flaws or problems I'd run into while working this set-up instead of the super truck concept. right off the bat it's pictured at the gas station. That tells me the onboard fuel is small cans rather than built-in tanks.

Steve
05-12-2008, 05:14 PM
Good point.

Part of me thinks it would be really interesting to make custom lawn care trucks but unless they are just built to order, it wouldn't be fun having to tie up a lot of capital in trucks just sitting around.

Little's
05-12-2008, 06:16 PM
Quote[/b] (StealthDumpTrucks @ May 12 2008,10:43)]I try to think of the flaws or problems I'd run into while working this set-up instead of the super truck concept. right off the bat it's pictured at the gas station. That tells me the onboard fuel is small cans rather than built-in tanks.
Yes it is at the gas station, but they were actually just stopping to get some drinks. I think they do have onboard fueling since I didnt see any cans in their trailer. One guy had to stay watch as they took turns going in.
As a side note. The person who owns this One Call business is the owner or Miller Auto Center. New car dealership. The One Call business does all kinds of services, housekeeping, painting, landscaping, handyman, etc. and they have a nice setup for each service.

Steve
05-12-2008, 06:57 PM
Quote[/b] ]Yes it is at the gas station, but they were actually just stopping to get some drinks.

How about a small fridge on board then ;)

Quote[/b] ]As a side note. The person who owns this One Call business is the owner or Miller Auto Center. New car dealership.

Brandon, do you have any idea how long they have been doing this and what got them started?

justin_time
10-19-2008, 01:04 PM
Found their website

http://www.onecallredding.com/

Steve
10-19-2008, 10:42 PM
Nice website.

Did you see the picture of their window cleaning maid service truck? They certainly offer a lot of services.