PDA

View Full Version : Good Idea or No

makbootzy
04-14-2008, 05:08 PM
What do you think about this?

Little's
04-14-2008, 05:56 PM
I like the idea, but I don't think the design is going to hold up to the wind while being pulled behind your vehicle. If you could use a stronger frame and have it welded to the mowers frame or something, then it might be long lasting. Let us know how it works for you.

Steve
04-14-2008, 06:58 PM
Rick,

I think that is brilliant!

I do agree I would be afraid of it breaking off while being towed. You would know better than me though if it's strong enough.

Nice job and keep up all that great creativity you got going on there!

Can you tell us a little about how you made it? Is that a yard sign? How did you mount it?

makbootzy
04-14-2008, 07:29 PM
It is just an iron sign holder with the legs turned in so it sits flat on the mower...the mower already had the holes there. With the highway issue I still need to brace the top so I will make it so it comes off easy and fold it back.

Steve
04-14-2008, 07:35 PM
It looks great! I can't wait to see what you do to strengthen it up a bit.

makbootzy
04-20-2008, 11:36 PM
I took out the mower today with the sign on and no problems. It is held on with 1 bolt on each side so it swings down for transport and bungie cord to the seat holds it upright when I am mowing.

justin_time
04-20-2008, 11:38 PM
I like the idea but wouldn't this make your mower go slower from wind drag ?

just a tought

landonkade
04-21-2008, 08:02 PM
get *business name made on stickers and put it on the back of the seat or on the mower.

I had thought about doing of what i said above, just the idea of getting them made.

Or put the sticker over the name of the mower on all 3 sides.

What made me think of the idea was there is a lawn care company here in town that has 95% commerical accounts. They had there business name on stickers all over the mowers.

Andrew's Lawn Care
04-22-2008, 08:54 PM
I agree with every thing for the most part that was said before me on this topic. But I would like to add one more thing.

I know on some mowers they come with a R.O.P (Roll Over Protection) bar that does the obvious of protecting the you and the maching if a roll over occurs. The thing that I noticed with a lot of businesses and I had the same thing, and that is that they are taking them off because they have more of a tendancy to get in the way when going under trees or any other obsticles.

Just a thought though.