PDA

View Full Version : What matters to you most!

ritchiem
11-22-2004, 12:13 PM
What matters most to you as a company owner or manager? *It is interesting to see what some people value more than others. *You only have one out of two to choose from, it can be harder then it seems. Be honest.

Fastcutz
11-22-2004, 02:16 PM
i just wana get paid!

Steve
11-23-2004, 01:53 PM
Hi ritchiem,

In hopes of educating others on the forum, how do you suggest that an LCO goes about becoming respected in their community?

ritchiem
11-23-2004, 04:02 PM
I was hoping more people would have answered the poll by now, but It is leaning the way I thought it would. We as business owners and managers need to think about how your community thinks about you. In the end they are the ones buying your equipment, paying your mortgage...heck right down to buying a cup of coffee. I used to think that the more grass I can cut the more money I'll make, that was my main focus, cut, cut, cut as fast as I could. My clients just knew me as the guy who cuts their grass. There was no personal service. Well I changed gears this year and the response has been amazing. I sent out spring promotions, made newsletters, and sent out thank you letters last month.

Let me quote from a letter I received "The Jerrik’s were very happy with what you did for them, which makes referrals easy to provide. My place looks great, (was just up there last weekend), and we’ve had plenty of positive comments from friends who have driven by over the summer. Best wishes for continued success."

My clients are appreciating more and more of the personal service I am giving them, that they now have a higher respect for myself and our business. There used to be a time where I would have to go out there and find work. Now, our marketing plan is paid for by our customers...word of mouth. Money follows respect, and not the other way around.

When I voted on the poll, I chose "Respect, reputation and integrity"

http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif the grass man has spoken http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Steve
11-24-2004, 12:12 PM
Hi ritchiem,

That is very insightful!

What type of spring promotions did you send out?

ritchiem
11-26-2004, 01:05 PM
I sent out gift certificates to customers for "Spring Fertilizing Free" up to $40.00. In order to receive this they would have to purchase the other two or more ferts on the year. I sent these out to customers who would generally not get the ferts for the year. Now I have them signing up for ferts for now on. I will do the same for next year.