PDA

View Full Version : wood signs

makbootzy
03-31-2008, 04:46 PM
I was bored last not and wondered if t-shirt transfer paper would work with wood. Well here is a couple of pics of what I came up with...It comes out distorted but works with the theme

makbootzy
03-31-2008, 04:47 PM
close up

Steve
03-31-2008, 07:04 PM
Rick that is very interesting. It looks like a vintage sign actually! Very artistic!

Did you print the image out on your printer? Then iron it onto the wood?

makbootzy
03-31-2008, 07:17 PM
Yeah thats exactly what I did. I did 1 before that 1 and stained the wood first and the image came out really dark.

Steve
03-31-2008, 08:03 PM
Rick you are very talented. Have you ever experimented with wood carving at all? I bet you could really create something amazing with that.

ritchiem
03-31-2008, 10:38 PM
Thats really neat Rick...do you have any ideas where you could go with this? Do you think it could stand up to weather? Would be a neat advert sign to leave on someones property...perhaps in a finished garden.

makbootzy
03-31-2008, 11:23 PM
It has just has a stain on it but if it were to go outside a clear protective finish could be added. Im thinking of making it into a clock though.

I want to get into to making garden decor (bridges, fences, wells, bird houses and so on) to add as an upsell...and make a brochure of all the products.

Steve
04-01-2008, 09:16 AM
Quote[/b] ]I want to get into to making garden decor (bridges, fences, wells, bird houses and so on) to add as an upsell...and make a brochure of all the products.

That would really be fascinating. Do you remember a short time ago we were talking with the guy from Alabama? Was it? And that is how he got started in making landscape bridges and decorations. He seems to be doing pretty well!

Have you ever made any landscape bridges? I would love to see what you created!

makbootzy
04-01-2008, 11:20 AM
Yeah I remember him. I havent done anything yet but once I have the chance (garage, basement, shed or something)I will start.

Steve
04-01-2008, 11:55 AM
I am looking forwards to seeing what you create.

Have you thought of starting out by making some bridge designs on paper? That might help you visualize it more and push you to make it more of a reality.