PDA

View Full Version : VR funding

makbootzy
02-25-2008, 12:15 AM
Ok I just got my first check in the mail and wanted to show a pic of it. If you or someone you know is disabled physically or otherwise....please share this info because this is offered everywhere! Just go to your local srs building and get info on Vocational Rehabilitation and talk with someone. Im starting a business but if you like you can also go to college or technical school...there is alot of choices. They offer to much to list so if this is something you need or want to do I advise it! It will take some planning and some meetings but its well worth it. Oh and if you cant see how much the check is for bc camera phones suck! "4,996.24"

Steve
02-25-2008, 01:59 PM
Rick,

I am very happy to see that there are such programs out there to help!

Thank you for your insight into this.

Do you have high speed internet where you are now? Maybe you could download skype.com and get on one of our podcast one of these days to tell us a little about the entire process you went through.

makbootzy
02-25-2008, 10:12 PM
yeah my internet sucks and no mic......but I could put something together....also wanted to post some pics I just went shopping today! So in a bit I will do that.

Steve
02-25-2008, 10:12 PM
I am looking forwards to this!

ABurlison
02-25-2008, 11:16 PM
So they just gave you money to start a business? For the Vocational Rehab don't you have to be laid off from a job to get the rehab training for another job? Also, where did you go to sign up for this?

Thanks,

ANDY

makbootzy
02-25-2008, 11:40 PM
you dont need to be laid off ....its for people with disabilities. To do the program just go to your local srs building or call and go frome there.

makbootzy
02-26-2008, 02:40 AM
picture 1

makbootzy
02-26-2008, 02:41 AM
picture 2

makbootzy
02-26-2008, 02:41 AM
picture 3

makbootzy
02-26-2008, 02:45 AM
picture 4

makbootzy
02-26-2008, 02:47 AM
picture 5

makbootzy
02-26-2008, 02:49 AM
picture 6

Steve
02-26-2008, 01:03 PM
Rick,

Very nice! Have you thought about putting all this together too as a press release and sending it to your local paper? I think your success story of making it through this process and getting funding to help get your business going would certainly make for a great article plus it would get the word out about your lawn care business.

Whats your view on that?

ABurlison
02-26-2008, 08:27 PM
So your disabled? Do you have to be disabled to get benefits? I see that Mathew Lesko on TV where you can get goverment money to start a business and such, does this fall along those line or something, can you explain?

ABurlison
02-26-2008, 10:40 PM
http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

makbootzy
02-27-2008, 05:38 PM
Quote[/b] (ABurlison @ Feb. 26 2008,8:27)]So your disabled? *Do you have to be disabled to get benefits? *I see that Mathew Lesko on TV where you can get goverment money to start a business and such, does this fall along those line or something, can you explain?
yes and yes....as for the lesko deal it has nothing to do with that. http://www.srskansas.org/rehab/ That is for kansas but im sure each state has a site.

I just went and bought my first zero turn. Here is the pic still at the dealer as I dont have a way to get it home yet.
I hope to only have it this season then get me a commercial one for next season.(Bad Boy)

Steve
02-27-2008, 09:29 PM
Hi Rick,

That is awesome! Hey just so you know, one of my friends had called and was down on his luck and also has a disability and I told him about what your experience was with this group and it really pumped him up! So thank you for all your knowledge.

Also, I changed the way we are doing the podcast. You can now listen into a simulcast and call in via the phone. Check out the link here for more info (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=22;t=7391;st=0;&#entry36126).

The mower looks great! The dealer should deliver it to you as part of the deal! Let us know how this goes.

makbootzy
03-02-2008, 01:55 AM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Feb. 27 2008,7:29)]Hi Rick,

Hey just so you know, one of my friends had called and was down on his luck and also has a disability and I told him about what your experience was with this group and it really pumped him up!
Thats good! So is he getting info on that and going to do it?

I just proofed my designs for advertising, I am not sure how long it will take to get the stuff but here is a list of what im getting.

yard sign holders=6(already had one)
yard signs=7
big yard sign 18"x26"=1
vehicle magnet pair=1
screen printed t`s=20
4"x8" logo decal=10
Vehicle decals 20"x34"=2
business cards=2,000
Here is my designs. I will get pics up of the products when I get it all.

makbootzy
03-02-2008, 01:57 AM
number 2

makbootzy
03-02-2008, 01:58 AM
number 3

makbootzy
03-02-2008, 01:59 AM
number 4

makbootzy
03-02-2008, 02:01 AM
last one 1

makbootzy
03-02-2008, 02:11 AM
The big yard sign is suppose to be 18"x36"

Steve
03-02-2008, 04:40 PM
Quote[/b] ]Thats good! So is he getting info on that and going to do it?

I will keep you posted as I find out more.

I really like the graphics you got! You are ready to rock-n-roll this spring Rick!

I am very excited about all of this!

JMM0254
03-03-2008, 05:05 AM
Did some research on this in my state and it is actually using the money from your Social Security benefits. So in all actuality, if you use it now, there will be less, or nothing left when you retire. At least that is the way it is set up in my state. I would imagine it is the same everywhere. It is disabilty payments from your Social Security fund, which you have paid into while working and contributing to your fund.

makbootzy
03-03-2008, 03:05 PM
Im not sure if thats true because there is only so much funding allowed each fiscal year and you can possibly be on a waiting list....so if it was your money I think the waiting list wouldnt be needed. However if you have the finacial recources and you are not completely broke...you may be required to help pay.
I dont have any income and havent been able to get a job so I have no money to help...and they are paying over 5,000 for a prosthetic alone then equipment, advertising, office supplies, supplies for equipment, business insurance, GOPHER SOFTWARE and a vehicle, tags and insurance. I do not owe or pay anything back.
If you need this service talk to VR directly as they have all the answers.

JMM0254
03-03-2008, 06:13 PM
Talk to your state today, as I was really interested if the same program (by your defination) was available in my state. And yes, it is from Social Security Funds. That's why you must be classified as disabled in order to receive the funds. It is a standard classification within the SS program.

There are programs out there that will help anyone in a business, but it is through Federal Government, the SCORE program, where you can get a loan to start/grow a business. But they REALLY have you jump throuh hoops.

Being out of work, etc. does not automatically get anyone a loan of thousands of dollars a month to use as you want.

Your money is directly tied to, and taken from your SS benefits. You use it now, you lose it later. Maybe not such a bad deal, as SS is not expected to last until most of us Baby Boomers move into retirement. Maybe better to get it now, then have nothing left in the future years.

I wish you luck with your business, but please do remember that the money you are receiving now, does take away from your retirement money from your SS fund.

But just wanted to know what your own sate told me today in regards to teh program you are on currently. I thought there may have been a "hidde" program out there that we were not all aware of - to just be unemployed, broke, etc., with a desire to start our own business and have money "magically" sent to us to use any way wwew wanted to. Unfortunatelly, there is no such program. You are just taking from Peter to pay Paul. Later in life, there will be nothhing to live on, but the belts and oil you purchased.

Hoping your business excells and you do very well.

Just remember, "Nothing is for free", if someone tells you that, certainly question it, big time.

Steve
03-03-2008, 07:47 PM
Rick,

Have you thought more about getting your story out to the local paper? I have really enjoyed seeing you be able to take advantage of all this and get yourself going. Like I told you in a previous post, you have inspired others to go out there and make it happen.

I think if you put together a press release and some pictures, you would accomplish two goals.

First, you would get publicity about you and your business. This is VERY important because you need that to grow. Second, your story would inspire others who are just depressed out there and don't think they can make it happen. Especially when you are dealing with disabilities, a person can just get so depressed, where as if they had one person to inspire them, they could indeed pic themselves up and move forwards.

What's your view on this?

makbootzy
03-03-2008, 07:51 PM
Quote[/b] (JMM0254 @ Mar. 03 2008,4:13)]there will be nothhing to live *on, but the belts and oil you purchased.
Are you serious? Thats a real negative comment...thank you for sharing.
anyways........If you are disabled and need help contact your local srs office and see for yourself if you qualify.
I dont really care for this topic anymore so this is my last post on it.

Steve
03-03-2008, 08:04 PM
Rick,

I am sorry about that. Just keep chugging forwards and make it happen.

JMM0254
03-03-2008, 08:16 PM
Quote[/b] (makbootzy @ Mar. 03 2008,6:51)]Quote[/b] (JMM0254 @ Mar. 03 2008,4:13)]there will be nothhing to live on, but the belts and oil you purchased.
Are you serious? Thats a real negative comment...thank you for sharing.
anyways........If you are disabled and need help contact your local srs office and see for yourself if you qualify.
I dont really care for this topic anymore so this is my last post on it.
t is NOT a negative response, just the real truth. You or anyone has to realize that the Government or anyone else does NOT give away money for free, just because you want it. Sooner or later one has to pay for what they receive.

I think you should definately get a press release together and email/fax it to all available resources in the are of your businesses service. If you need help in a press release wording, please don't hesitate to ask. I have had over 35 years experience in building multi billion dollar businesses and can help if needed. I was not in this industry until I left the "corporate world" several years ago. So I have a very deep understanding of what it takes to get a business noticed. In this business, I have gone from zero customers to over 200 regular customers, in less than a year. So, although I can be rather "brash" at times, I do work very hard to walk the walk and talk the talk. I believe very much in everyone that is willing to strike out and survive on their own biulding a busines.

I just feel that you should really understand that you get nothing for nothing. Maybe a few dollars now seem great from our government, but - surely - someone must pay for it sooner or later. In you case, you will pay for it later. Not me.

Just realize what has been given to you at this time, don't get mad, just know that what you reap, you sow, and understand that. Believe in yourself and you will grow your busines, but please, do not leave the forum. It is what you need to rely on to grow your business. You van be mad at me for looking into what your "loan" is all about, but I am only reporting the truh of what I found out.

Just deal with what you have been offered, but don't leave your butt hanging out there.

My years at Princeton University taught me a lot. I know how to start, build and run a business. Although many may not think so, because I was taught to be forward and manage properly in order to take the busines to the top.

I would offer my free services to anyone in this forum that needs some direction at any time, just be prepared to deal with someone that does not pull any punches and tells you crap that you may not want to hear, but crap you know is right.

Anyway, I am sorry if my resonses upset you. If you leave the forum, I will miss you, because the only way to grow anything is throug constant disputes, negotations, etc. We all know we don't have all the answers, but it is great to know that we can feed off of others when we need to, and also that we can vent when we need to and not be disbarred from any social gathering.

I hope I will hear ore from you here, as I am sure others do. I would be happy to give you my personal cell phone number off line, if you ever want to talk or just want to discus any business arrangement you are in the middle of.

Regards.

ABurlison
03-03-2008, 08:46 PM
What programs are you aware of, even if someone has to repay the money given? I heard you mention the SCORE program, can you give me some details on what this program is and where would someone obtain entry?

Thanks,

ANDY

JMM0254
03-03-2008, 09:01 PM
Quote[/b] (ABurlison @ Mar. 03 2008,7:46)]What programs are you aware of, even if someone has to repay the money given? *I heard you mention the SCORE program, can you give me some details on what this program is and where would someone obtain entry?

Thanks,

ANDY
GOTO This:

http://score.org.index.html

They will meet with you, discuss your busniness, and work with you to get funding. But, remember that this is a Government program so you do have to provide very specic details on your business. But a reallt great resouce. Be sure you have a goode business plan in place and go for it. They can provide more information and so much more, than most people know exists. I have been involved with them for many years. There are office sll over the U.S. and this is the ONLY way into a government funded loan, no matter what anyone else tells you, or whtever you see on late night television. This is the main source,.

layla17
03-04-2008, 03:38 PM
This thread is a wealth of information. I'm considering a new riding mower for my business, but I can't finance it outright so I was considering a small loan... is there any type of loan in particular that I should look into?

Steve
03-04-2008, 04:16 PM
Hi Layla,

Andy was actually able to raise money for his lawn care business with a loan he got through prosper.com.

Check out this post here. (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST&f=1&t=6726&st=0&&#entry32042)

Let me know what you think.