PDA

View Full Version : Parade Picture

Steve
01-10-2008, 10:13 PM
Our friend Rich Eckard sent me these photos of his parade pics.

When I asked him about being in the parade he said:

"Being in the parade has help my business because alot of people that would be working when i'm mowing are at the parade and see my business first hand. Last year it rain and we didn't have the local parade but this year i have to call the local paper."

Does your community have parades? Are you going to be in them?

Steve
01-10-2008, 10:14 PM
Pic #2

Steve
01-10-2008, 10:15 PM
Pic #3

Steve
01-10-2008, 10:15 PM
Pic #4

Steve
01-10-2008, 10:16 PM
Pic #5

quickcleanlawn
01-10-2008, 11:23 PM
Well I think everyone knows about our parades here.
if not...
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WvT6jdfD2Hs&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WvT6jdfD2Hs&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Steve
01-11-2008, 06:25 PM
Rich gave me a little more insight into the parade "A lot of the other lawn care owners but there equipment in the parade and i thought it would be a good ideal. My uncle made a wagon like that to pull behien his tractor. We throw about 10 gallon worth of candy during the parade. Thanks Rich"

pmblair
01-14-2008, 01:47 PM
That's great!!

Jason and I were talking the other day about what we'll do with the lawn tractors we have when we buy Z-turn mowers... we're going to make one "race ready" and see about getting into some mower races (if they even have any around here). The other, we'll "pimp out" and make it more or less a "show mower".... lots of chrome and such...

We said we'd put them both in parades... and our Z-turns, too... have 4 mowers in a parade and you'll surely get some exposure for your business... Kinda like the Shriner's do with their little go-carts...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Prxg9vM1cU4&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Prxg9vM1cU4&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

We could have our truck behind that with all signage and our trailer with our kids throwing candy and stuff....

What do you guys think?

quickcleanlawn
01-14-2008, 02:28 PM
thats a great idea!
I never really put much thought into it until this topic started.
anyone ever thought of selling concisions and trinkets from a stand on the parade route?
Thats my goal for next years mardi gras.
but I have to find out what licenses and permits I would need.

Steve
01-14-2008, 03:18 PM
Hi Patrick,

I think that is a great idea and I am glad to see you are inspired to do that. I do think it makes a difference and it builds up awareness.

Maybe you could even dress up for the kids like as a clown with face paint and hair and all that. Remember how magical these things were when you were younger and then try to add to the magic!

Blaine,

Quote[/b] ]anyone ever thought of selling concisions and trinkets from a stand on the parade route?
Thats my goal for next years mardi gras.

This is another great idea. I used to go to the fireworks and a guy I knew would show up and walk around in the crowd selling these glow in the dark sticks and glow in the dark necklaces. At first I was like 'what is he doing?' But then as the night went on, the entire crowd was aglow in these glow in the dark items and he walked home with a lot more cash!

So that sure taught me a lesson! There is money to be made! Maybe you could even sell the glow in the dark items if it's near dark.

Have you thought of what you would like to sell?

pmblair
01-14-2008, 04:07 PM
Steve-

I actually did some clown work for a local church.... it was hilarious!! I went home with a little cash for 2 hours of "clowning around", but I'll tell ya... I was T-I-R-E-D! Those kids can wear you out!! ESPECIALLY if you're a VERY animated clown.

Blaine-

Wow.... what a thought!! You know, you could get some marketing material printed to give away, too... like drink coozies, frisbees, pencils, stickers, magnets, etc... every time you sell something, you give something away, too.... ...and I LOVE Steve's idea about the glow necklaces... you can find these for about $5-10 for a gross (144) on the net... sell them for $2 each and you're ROLLING in dough!

Steve
01-14-2008, 06:27 PM
If you got involved with a parade in the future, would you do anything like the clown idea or would that just be too much?

pmblair
01-14-2008, 11:50 PM
Nah... we might get all green jester hats to wear on the mowers, but that would be about as far as we'd go...

http://www.partypro.com/mm_PARTYPRO_/Images/BULK-60702.jpg

Steve
01-14-2008, 11:52 PM
Well, I am looking forwards to seeing the pictures! http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Steve
07-03-2008, 08:50 AM
Let me add these parade pictures again. They didn't come through from the old forum.

Another thing is you could hand out small flags with your business card attached to the stick as well, maybe instead of the candy or hand out both!

rwslippey
07-04-2008, 01:36 AM
I was thinking about decaling the truck real nice and getting a nice shinny new trailer with nice decaling on that and volunteering to ride a group of maybe Veteran down the parade rout or a band ....

my dad works for a very large trucking company and every memorial day they send atleast 4 or 5 full tractor and trailers out with bands (elvis one year) , Veterans all sorts of stuff.. they have a very large business and the money to donate this kind of stuff.... I rode in the truck one year as a kid and the stuff they had going on in that yard that day beat any workday out of the year...

Steve
07-04-2008, 01:57 AM
Rob,

That is a great idea! Could you jazz up the trailer a bit with anything to make it maybe look like a parade float? Wouldn't that be neat to do? What would be your ideal on how to do this?