PDA

View Full Version : Hardscape pics from Chris

Steve
11-28-2007, 10:44 PM
I just wanted to share some hardscape photos Chris from prohardscaper.com had installed.

Steve
11-28-2007, 10:46 PM
Check out these amazingly precise cuts and joints!

leisuretimelc
12-01-2007, 12:21 PM
looks nice and clean. Good Job

pmblair
12-01-2007, 12:45 PM
Dude... that is some sweet work!

pnplawn
12-01-2007, 12:56 PM
Nice work,, wonder what kinda money that get for job like that.

realhuntin
12-06-2007, 03:45 PM
Job well done!

Fernando's CleanCut!
12-15-2007, 03:19 PM
WOW thats Beautifull!... I love the details...
Very good job men!
... it makes me wonder if I can do this kinda stuff, because I like to work outdoors. Better start looking for more info. http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/yourock.gif

Steve
12-15-2007, 10:53 PM
Quote[/b] ]it makes me wonder if I can do this kinda stuff, because I like to work outdoors. Better start looking for more info.

You absolutely can do this!

What questions do you have about the process?

ABurlison
12-15-2007, 11:38 PM
So where do you learn to do this type of work? Seems like all the work is in the preperation, getting the ground as level as level can be. I'm sure the precision cuts could be made with a compound type miter saw with a masonry blade? Would love to get into this type of work, anyone know of some sort of online tutorials or anything like this, where do I learn?

Steve
12-15-2007, 11:52 PM
Post some questions and I bet Tim will be able to help you understand this process better.

ABurlison
12-16-2007, 12:33 AM
Okay, was this a new construction or was there a concrete slab patio there already? And how do you get a feel for what a customer wants, I doubt the customer said specifically they wanted whats in the picture, I'm sure the customer Loves it, but is there a way to envision what they're thinking? Do you just use some sort of simulation software to see what this or that might look like?

ABurlison
12-16-2007, 01:30 AM
Here's a great link that gave me a great idea on how this is done and how to start.

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv....00.html (http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/gl_design_patios_decks/article/0,1785,HGTV_3568_1396308,00.html)

realhuntin
12-16-2007, 03:02 AM
Quote[/b] (ABurlison @ Dec. 16 2007,1:30)]Here's a great link that gave me a great idea on how this is done and how to start.

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv....00.html (http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/gl_design_patios_decks/article/0,1785,HGTV_3568_1396308,00.html)
Hi Andy, Tim here and after I read the link from HGTV you posted I wanted to add some more info from you.

I have posted another topic called HARDSCAPES 101 take a look, there is alot of info there.

If you have a Home Depot close go there pick up a copy of the PAVESTONE "Beatuiful Dreamscapes You Create" DVD/CD Watch it and it will help with installation facts.

Another point I would like to make is that remember you don't have to be the most creative designer, talk to the customer ask question on the idea's they may have and incorp those with your own and it will come together, If you are to do landscape along with the hardscape it is up to you to make it all fit together, if you need help with this part you can go to your local landscape supplier and ask opions from them on plant schedules and another point is to look at the suroundings of your customer project work with that by adding to it blend colors DO NOT use same color pavers as the brick of the house, use can use slitely different color pavers EX. don't put river red with red brick, you can use oalks blend with red brick and that wouldn't look to bad. You can give customer idea's by show cataloges to help with geting idea's for a design.

Hope this helps.

Don't forget to look at topic HARDSCAPES 101 it will help you out with pricing, design and installation. There is pictures of a project we did this past summer in the "show off your pictures" forum.

Good Luck Tim

ABurlison
12-16-2007, 12:40 PM
I'm sure doing this type of work along with lawn care, requires a whole different license and such, a state ccb license. I just might check into the requirements in obtaining this license. I know they do require some sort of education related to it or experience as an apprentice. But might be worth checking into.

I'll check out your Hardscapes 101.

cutemhigh
12-16-2007, 01:06 PM
I love this look. A good website from a local guy whos the best is dinunziolandscaping.com or dinunziolandscape.com..cant remember. This guy puts in A TON of this type work.
The cuts around the posts are nice, i like the wall and the paver.Good choice, and clean install.
Call me negative nelly, but the pattern is completely random, which works here, but wouldnt be my first choice. Only because of the difficulty. Kudos to you for that.
How about the walkway off the patio? Whats the plan there? Also, I wonder about any plantings around it. Where are they? Probably installed by now. But just my questions. Good job here.