PDA

View Full Version : Starter Kit

clarklandscaping
11-29-2007, 03:26 PM
I thought I would post a pic of my lawn equipment. I know its not that great but it gets the job done for now!

Next year I hope to purchase a Quick 44!! http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

32" Red Hawk
22" Toro
Echo blower
Echo String Trimmer
Echo Edger

Steve
11-29-2007, 03:32 PM
Hi clarklandscaping,

Oh thank you so much for sharing with us your picture!

Can you tell us a little about what you like or dislike about the current equipment you have? In case others are considering purchasing similar products?

clarklandscaping
11-29-2007, 03:44 PM
Well the backpack blower(PB 265L) is a bit weak but its all I had the money for so i will be hanging on to it until the end of next season. The 32" mower is great except it the non hydro version so you have to be extra careful not to rip up the sod when making turns. The string trimmer (SRM 210) is great and dont understand why people purchase those super expensive trimmers. The edger (PE 200) is great too but on rare occasions I need a bit more power but for the most part it gets the job done. My 22" toro is what I started out with and only gets used in those real tight spots!

pmblair
11-29-2007, 04:00 PM
Great starting equipment, though... seriously... when you take on some regular customers, you'll be able to build a bankroll with which to buy the stuff you want. http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Steve
11-29-2007, 04:17 PM
What do you like so much about the Quick44?

clarklandscaping
11-29-2007, 11:36 PM
Well if you look at almost all of the commercial lawnmowers today they are big and extremely heavy. Some will argue that large tires means weight displacement but thats bull in my eyes. You can look at a lawn thats mowed with a heavy mower and you can see the ruts it leaves, especially if the LCO mows the lawn in the same pattern each time. So by using the quick 44 you get a wide cut with only about 350 or 400 Lbs vs the 600 or 1000 lbs you will get with other mowers. Besides, you cant beat the prices they offer on thier mowers.