PDA

View Full Version : Was a a rock show last night

Steve
11-24-2007, 04:50 PM
Here is a picture from a friend of mine performing a solo at one of his shows last night.

Steve
11-24-2007, 04:57 PM
I then got into a great conversation in between sets with a bunch of the musicians playing that night. It's amazing how little most bands know about marketing or do to build their fan base. The biggest question they asked was how do I get more people to attend the shows.

It's quite a fascinating question, but I think what it comes down to is really something simple. Put on a great show. Be theatrical. Be wild. Do something different than you do in normal everyday life. Where something outlandish. Act outlandish! Perform!

Everyone wants to be entertained and the better you are at it, the larger fan base you will have.

You really have to build your band's brand. Be unique and do your best to stand out. Even though these bands are about performing, they are still in the business world and the same skill sets apply.

Think about how much does it cost to have a myspace site? $0.00. How much does it cost to have a youtube video of your performances? $0.00. These bands should be utilizing both and then some!

What kind of advice would you have for bands out there trying to be noticed?