PDA

View Full Version : Leisure Time Equipment

leisuretimelc
11-07-2007, 10:25 PM
Here is a pic of one of my Rigs from last week. It is getting to be the end of the season. Next week will probably be the last week of cutting and then we will be doing fall cleanups until the snow flies

Steve
11-08-2007, 08:53 AM
Hey that is a great picture! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Can you tell us a little about the equipment you have in that picture and which you got first?

What's next for you and your equipment purchases?

leisuretimelc
11-08-2007, 01:38 PM
I started out with that trailer, a Gravely 34 walkbehind that was bought new, a Gravely pro 50 walk behind that I picked up used. I also bought a new Shindaiwa trimmer and stick edger and a used Stihl BR600 that I bought off my Dad. I was at a point that I was wasting to much time walking,so I purchased a Exmark Phazer 34" rider and cut my time almost in half. I also picked up another backpack blower which also added to the time savings. When I started this year I had a goal of 20 accounts, I now have close to 60 and still growing. All I can say to anybody getting into this business is do good quality work and do some PR with your customers and before long you will have so much work you will be turning it away.
Word of mouth was the best form of advertising

Steve
11-08-2007, 01:57 PM
Oh very interesting points!

Quote[/b] ]do some PR with your customers
Can you tell us a little about this? What types of things would you advise other lcos to do when it comes to public relations?

leisuretimelc
11-09-2007, 06:41 PM
take time to communicate with your customers. Dont always be a hurry to get to the next job, show the customer that you care, ask how there day is going, stuff like that. I have picked up alot of other services with current customers just by talking to them, letting them know what ohter services that I can give them to make their life easier. For example I cut this elderly ladies grass every Tuesday and it so happens to be the night before her trash pickup, So when i am finished cutting I take her trash container to the curb for her. Every month when I send her bill by mail she adds a $25.00 tip for me.

Steve
11-10-2007, 06:50 AM
WOW! That is a great story! Did she initially ask you to do this or did you happen to know her trash day?

Little's
11-10-2007, 11:26 AM
I do the yard of this lady who is a little older and had a hip replaced recently. I do her yard on Monday and get there after the trash is collected, so I always bring her empty cans in for her. It only takes a minute of my time, but she really appreciates it.

leisuretimelc
11-11-2007, 06:15 AM
No she did not ask me to do it, I know she lives alone and I never see anybody else there when I am there So I took it upon myself to do it for her. After doing it for about 2 weeks she came to the door the next time I showed up to cut and asked me if I was taking her trash to the curb and I told her I was to help her out. She was very greatful

Scott
Leisure Time Lawn Care

Steve
11-11-2007, 07:11 AM
Thats a fantastic story! And it is inspiring! Good job!

pmblair
11-11-2007, 12:36 PM
It's the little things that build lasting relationships with your customers! =)