PDA

View Full Version : My Truck

moseley creek
10-09-2007, 10:25 PM
I found this truck on ebay for a very cheap price. After using a pick up and trailer for half a season this truck was a God send.

pnplawn
10-09-2007, 10:34 PM
I have one those and 3 flat beds by same truck. There great trucks. Is that one diesel?

moseley creek
10-09-2007, 10:37 PM
Yep it's deisel. Not to crazy about the fuel prices but I can work on this one easier than gas. My dad had one when I was at home.

pnplawn
10-09-2007, 10:45 PM
Im not sure where the threads are. BUT I modifty mine alot. Team Gopher might know where they are. I installed 140 GAL fuel tank in the rear of the truck. Dual Ramps, Jumping system for dead batterys, Is yours automatic or standard? Plus its a moving billboard. Its great way to promote your business. Like I said I have 3 of them. I am almost done with the flatbed truck now. I should have some photos posted in day or so. Im installing Dove Tail on the flatbed for easer loading and unloading.

Steve
10-09-2007, 10:47 PM
That's a great photo! Thanks for sharing!

Are there any other items on your upcoming wish list?

moseley creek
10-09-2007, 10:50 PM
Mine is automatic. They call my ramp system a bever tail around here is that the same as your dove tail? Mine has duel ramps. Thinking of modifing them a bit they are heavy at the end of a long day. Any sugestions? I was just thinking maybe a couple winches and pullies?

moseley creek
10-09-2007, 10:52 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Oct. 09 2007,10:47)]Are there any other items on your upcoming wish list?
I have a wish list?

pnplawn
10-09-2007, 10:54 PM
looking into maybe spring system. They will help you lift the gates as your lifting them. Winch take to long to drop and pickup.

Steve
10-09-2007, 10:57 PM
Quote[/b] ]I have a wish list?
Well it's always fun to have one.

Rodman, you should show Teresa some of the modifications you made on your truck which is similar to her's! It might give her some ideas!

moseley creek
10-09-2007, 11:02 PM
Reguarding the wish list. *I think I have talked a friend of mine into painting it pink etc. *He has some old paint he can use and has the vinal machine to redo the lettering. *I'll find out for sure tomorrow when he gets to work.

Should I paint my mowers too?? What do ya all think?? I have 2 just alike.

pnplawn
10-09-2007, 11:14 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Oct. 09 2007,10:57)]Quote[/b] ]I have a wish list?
Well it's always fun to have one.

Rodman, you should show Teresa some of the modifications you made on your truck which is similar to her's! It might give her some ideas!
Steve I was looking for the other post i couldnt find them Have any ideal where they are?

landonkade
10-09-2007, 11:14 PM
Quote[/b] (moseley creek @ Oct. 09 2007,10:25)]I found this truck on ebay for a very cheap price. *After using a pick up and trailer for half a season this truck was a God send.
how much do those type of trucks run on pricing. i thought about getting me one, but i was in a bine at the time and got a 93 f-150 extended cab fully loaded for $5,000. its a gas hog, i like it and i dont want to sell it,lol

landonkade
10-09-2007, 11:20 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Oct. 09 2007,10:47)]That's a great photo! Thanks for sharing!

Are there any other items on your upcoming wish list?
sent u a e-mail

pnplawn
10-09-2007, 11:21 PM
Where you live? I have one that is ready to go that I will sell you for $5,000 It has new engine ( have paper work to back that up ) Lots mods done to it. Plus have installed brand new Turbo, That was 700.00 some change. This truck is ready to start lawn care now. There is some pictures on the forum somewhere of all the mods I did to it.

Steve
10-09-2007, 11:24 PM
Quote[/b] ]Reguarding the wish list. I think I have talked a friend of mine into painting it pink etc. He has some old paint he can use and has the vinal machine to redo the lettering. I'll find out for sure tomorrow when he gets to work.

Should I paint my mowers too?? What do ya all think?? I
have 2 just alike.

OH absolutely! ABSOLUTELY!

That would be amazing!

landonkade
10-09-2007, 11:24 PM
Quote[/b] (pnplawn @ Oct. 09 2007,11:21)]Where you live? *I have one that is ready to go that I will sell you for $5,000 It has new engine ( have paper work to back that up ) Lots mods done to it. Plus have installed brand new Turbo, That was 700.00 some change. This truck is ready to start lawn care now. There is some pictures on the forum somewhere of all the mods I did to it.
i live in alabama at the tip of floridia

pnplawn
10-09-2007, 11:27 PM
Not that far way. come look at it Or i can get some photos

Steve
10-09-2007, 11:28 PM
Here is Matt's truck image he sent to me to post.

landonkade
10-09-2007, 11:34 PM
Quote[/b] (pnplawn @ Oct. 09 2007,11:27)]Not that far way. come look at it Or i can get some photos
where do u live, i live in dothan alabama

Steve
10-09-2007, 11:34 PM
I think this is the post?

Rodman Truck (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=1;t=4662)

http://www.pnplawncare.com/PICT0101.JPG

moseley creek
10-09-2007, 11:48 PM
Quote[/b] (landonkade @ Oct. 09 2007,11:34)]where do u live, i live in dothan alabama
Dothan AL PM me I have a question for you

landonkade
10-09-2007, 11:52 PM
Quote[/b] (moseley creek @ Oct. 09 2007,11:48)]Quote[/b] (landonkade @ Oct. 09 2007,11:34)]where do u live, i live in dothan alabama
Dothan AL PM me I have a question for you
pm sent

pnplawn
10-10-2007, 12:21 AM
Quote[/b] (landonkade @ Oct. 09 2007,11:34)]Quote[/b] (pnplawn @ Oct. 09 2007,11:27)]Not that far way. come look at it Or i can get some photos
where do u live, i live in dothan alabama
Avon Park FL zip is 33825 your can mapquest it.

pmblair
10-10-2007, 06:50 AM
Quote[/b] (moseley creek @ Oct. 09 2007,6:02)]Should I paint my mowers too?? What do ya all think?? *I have 2 just alike.
I think it would be cool if you got all your equipment pink, pink shirt, pink hat and pink fliers! *Make the theme carry... helps with your marketing, too... and hey, a PINK lawn mower stands out... it's a conversation starter... and an open conversation is another opportunity to market your business! *= )

AMW Graphics
10-10-2007, 07:07 AM
I like florescent green better, but thats because i am not a big fan of sitting on a pink mower...but that doesn't mean i wouldn't make my employee ride on a pink mower though! (lol)

Steve
10-10-2007, 11:10 AM
Pink mowers would really make the business stand out! I have never seen a pink mower before and I bet a lot of others haven't either!

I did a search and the only one I could find was a toy!

http://toysatr.com/role-play-and-dress-up/fisherprice-ih.jpg

moseley creek
10-10-2007, 11:25 AM
I was thinking pink and black? My friend just called he's going to do the painting next weekend! I'll post pics when it's done.

Steve
10-10-2007, 11:38 AM
Can you explain a little more of what you are thinking? Which part would be black?

Oh and it would be great to see a bunch of pictures of the process your truck goes through to get painted.

moseley creek
10-10-2007, 01:55 PM
Pink and black idea???

Steve
10-10-2007, 01:58 PM
Oh that would be over the top! Great thinking! Would you use a seat cover for the mower to get it pink?

I like your creative thinking! These mowers would totally stand out! Can your friend paint them too?

moseley creek
10-10-2007, 02:01 PM
I will probably cover the seat. He can paint them too I'll just disassemble so I konw where parts are and they go back together correctly.

Steve
10-10-2007, 02:05 PM
Aren't you totally pumped now about all this! I mean this is exciting stuff! When all this comes out of the shop! WOW! Take pictures of all of this, it will be great to document!

moseley creek
10-10-2007, 02:33 PM
You know Over the past year I have ran into so many people that just don't want involved or will not help including cops and magistrates. I never in my life dreamed total strangers would be willing to help me. My deepest thanks to you all.

Steve
10-10-2007, 03:20 PM
Well you are very welcome.

I'd like to think of us all not as strangers but as brothers in arms http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif We are all into creating, building and growing!

StartALawnCareBusiness
10-10-2007, 04:06 PM
Wow, this is great!

Last night when I was typing out the pink idea, I honestly didn't know how it would be taken. I'm so glad you are running with it. I can't wait to see the results of the paint job.

Gopher, you are right, we are brothers in arms. When I sit here with my ice cold glass of milk and a plate of chunky chocolate chip cookies reading new messages of the day, it's like I am checking in and hanging out with old friends though we've never actually met.

As far as online lawn care communities, this board is the best thing going.

Keith

Steve
10-10-2007, 08:35 PM
You never know when one idea becomes your million dollar idea!

Pink trucks and equipment just might really push Teresa and her company up to a new level.

Creative ideas are powerful!

moseley creek
10-10-2007, 08:55 PM
Even if it puts me back to the level I was at last year before all of the nonsense and trash talking I'll be happy.

Million dollar idea would be great I am invisioning several pink turcks and mowers, with me just in the office (no way I'd be bored). Although, several crews would be nice. http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Steve
10-10-2007, 09:16 PM
I think a big part of accomplishing such goals is to be different and then promote the heck out of yourself.

Selling yourself, selling your story. Telling others about what you overcame will help you grow. People love to root for the underdog, the comeback kid. They want to see them win. Why? Because most of us feel like we ourselves are the underdogs and we want to see someone like us break through and make it.

We all too often think success only happens to those golden children. Those who were given things.

But when we can relate with people who succeed, when we can see ourselves in them, it lifts our spirits.

That's why I think part of your future success will come from leveraging your story and sharing it with the world.

http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif That's my view at least.

Remember, if you can dream it, you can achieve it! Believe in yourself!

procutlawncare
10-16-2007, 01:21 AM
hey whats everyone think bout orange for the trucks or like a neon orange voice your opinons my truck is actually at the shop waitin for me to picka color thanks to the lady puttin make up on i ow gonna get a complete paint job lmao http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

pnplawn
10-16-2007, 02:25 AM
I was thinking Safety Green :

n 1965, Rural/Metro decided to buck tradition because red vehicles soon faded under the hot, Arizona sun and needed frequent repainting, adding unnecessary cost to their operation. They were also extremely difficult to see at night, and in foggy or rainy weather.

Rural/Metro began painting its apparatus Safety Green (the color of tennis balls) after a national study demonstrated it was the most visible color under all weather conditions - and at night - and provides the greatest contrast to environmental colors.

In addition, the Safety Green vehicles require less maintenance than apparatus of a different color. Safety Green doesn't fade in the sun, and also saves on cleaning costs. (Smoke and ash from fires tend to blanket white apparatus, which then won't come clean.)

That's why Rural/Metro vehicles are Safety Green - a company hallmark. The unique color of our vehicles is just one example of the innovation and forward thinking that makes Rural/Metro the premier provider of health and safety solutions.

pmblair
10-16-2007, 02:42 AM
That's what my partner and I are thinking... neon green... with the possibility of blue trim.... to match our company colors.

Steve
10-16-2007, 12:36 PM
Hi procutlawncare,

Welcome to our forum!

I think either bright orange or green would help you stand out from others. Could you send us pics when you get it done?

procutlawncare
10-16-2007, 10:15 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Oct. 16 2007,12:36)]Hi procutlawncare,

Welcome to our forum!

I think either bright orange or green would help you stand out from others. Could you send us pics when you get it done?
thanks gopher i have been meaning to get here just so busy
workin and family and on and on "where am i suppose to go again" i always feel lost i never know when im comin or goin
yes i got lucky and a lady hit me in the rear and did some good damage ins. wanted to total it and i wouldnt let them so they just cut me a check so i called my buddy who owns a shop and he has it fixed he's waitin for me to pick a color pnp if u could plz tell me the exact name of a company that makes auto paint in safty green i would greatly appreciate itthe only problem i have is how my decal would look with safty green gopher u are on my friends list on myspace check it out and let me know also i need help on prieing mulch jobs what is the best way to price them i just double the price of the mulch last year and i was workin my butt off and makin good money just think i might get more how does everyone else price there mulch http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/thankyou.gif http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/thankyou.gif

Steve
10-16-2007, 10:21 PM
Do you have any pics of your truck previously?

Do you have magnetic signs? Or what were you planning on doing?

You might want to make a separate post on the mulch jobs question so it doesn't get lost.

pnplawn
10-25-2007, 10:05 AM
Waiting on pics of the painted truck and mowers.

Fresh Cut
08-11-2010, 10:33 PM
I see no pics in this whole thread.

What gives, Steve?!

Steve
08-12-2010, 06:28 AM
Well if they aren't posted as attachments and instead, linked to, then over time, the links become dead and the pics dont show up.