PDA

View Full Version : apartment complex

landonkade
09-26-2007, 09:25 PM
i have been reading this post, and thought i might add a complex also to get advise. I have never put in a bid for a big place like this. I was going to see how to price it, not sure on the acres. I know they want mowing, edging, weedeating, and blowing the parking lot. I have a exmark 60' triton and a 42' walker with a bagger, and weedeater, edger, and blower. Any advise that is helpful. Any Questions i will try to answer them the best i can, i just know its up for bid

What would u think it would be with 2 people and proably 2 mowers going at the same time just by looking at it

Steve
09-27-2007, 06:22 AM
Hi landonkade,

I asked Keith to jump in here and offer you some suggestions. Or maybe Troy has some thoughts too?

landonkade
09-27-2007, 07:44 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Sep. 27 2007,7:22)]Hi landonkade,

I asked Keith to jump in here and offer you some suggestions. Or maybe Troy has some thoughts too?
ok, looking forward to see what they have to say, the botton portion of the map is no included, just a little in the back of the apartments is where it ends

pnplawn
09-30-2007, 01:11 PM
Here is a condo`s that I am bided on. I bid job for $3000.00 month. Takes me one full day to mow, edge,weed eat.The reason I know i have mowed this before helping someone else.

http://www.pnplawncare.com/casa.jpg

Steve
09-30-2007, 01:26 PM
Hi pnplawn,

Any advice as to how you break down such a large area to create your bid? What are the steps you take to come to a final $ amount to service the property?

pnplawn
09-30-2007, 04:24 PM
I based that price on each unit. There is 98 units located there. I charged 7.65 per unit per cut. Takes about 10 minutes each unit to cut. Then you x that by 98 and you get 749.70 per week. Then I times that by 4 you get 2998.80 I rounded it to 3000.00 per month.

landonkade
10-01-2007, 10:12 PM
Quote[/b] (pnplawn @ Sep. 30 2007,5:24)]I based that price on each unit. There is 98 units located there. I charged 7.65 per unit per cut. Takes about 10 minutes each unit to cut. Then you x that by 98 and you get 749.70 per week. Then I times that by 4 you get 2998.80 I rounded it to 3000.00 per month.
can u give me a round about figure for the apartments of mine above. Like total charge for the weeks cutting and a bi-weekly cutting price with edging, weedeating, and blowing. There is a little back yard on the very bottom part where u see a field

or anyone any suggestions

StartALawnCareBusiness
10-02-2007, 12:14 AM
Quote[/b] ]I based that price on each unit. There is 98 units located there. I charged 7.65 per unit per cut. Takes about 10 minutes each unit to cut. Then you x that by 98 and you get 749.70 per week. Then I times that by 4 you get 2998.80 I rounded it to 3000.00 per month.

PNP - You're awesome. That's great the way you break down the larger job into managable units and then multiply upward to get your final price.

Keith

pnplawn
10-02-2007, 06:08 AM
Quote[/b] (landonkade @ Oct. 01 2007,11:12)]Quote[/b] (pnplawn @ Sep. 30 2007,5:24)]I based that price on each unit. There is 98 units located there. I charged 7.65 per unit per cut. Takes about 10 minutes each unit to cut. Then you x that by 98 and you get 749.70 per week. Then I times that by 4 you get 2998.80 I rounded it to 3000.00 per month.
can u give me a round about figure for the apartments of mine above. Like total charge for the weeks cutting and a bi-weekly cutting price with edging, weedeating, and blowing. There is a little back yard on the very bottom part where u see a field

give me the address so I can use earth google to look at it. Also how many of you know you can use Google Earth to measure the how much land is there your looking at? Ill post explain it in new thread.

landonkade
10-02-2007, 11:46 AM
Quote[/b] (pnplawn @ Oct. 02 2007,7:08)]Quote[/b] (landonkade @ Oct. 01 2007,11:12)]Quote[/b] (pnplawn @ Sep. 30 2007,5:24)]I based that price on each unit. There is 98 units located there. I charged 7.65 per unit per cut. Takes about 10 minutes each unit to cut. Then you x that by 98 and you get 749.70 per week. Then I times that by 4 you get 2998.80 I rounded it to 3000.00 per month.

give me the address so I can use earth google to look at it. Also how many of you know you can use Google Earth to measure the *how much land is there your looking at? Ill post explain it in new thread.
300 Boynton St
Headland, AL 36345

there is 2 different sets of apartments that will show up. its going 2 be the one which 13 units. the marker should be on top of the apartments when u look it up

SerranoLandscaping
10-02-2007, 03:38 PM
I use google earth to measure some of the jobs this way it gives a clue on what to expect when i get there... I say it pretty accurate.

pnplawn
10-02-2007, 07:38 PM
Let me ask you a few more questions. How much weed eating are they. Do you have to mow once week? Is this going to be a year contract? All that ways in the price when I bid on a job. How far is this from your home/ bussiness? How long do you think it will take you to mow it ? Are there going to be anyone helping you? Id so how much do you plan on paying them. Im sure there is few more questions but ill let you answer all of these.

landonkade
10-02-2007, 11:33 PM
Quote[/b] (pnplawn @ Oct. 02 2007,8:38)]Let me ask you a few more questions. How much weed eating are they. Do you have to mow once week? Is this going to be a year contract? All that ways in the price when I bid on a job. How far is this from your home/ bussiness? How long do you think it will take you to mow it ? Are there going to be anyone helping you? Id so how much do you plan on paying them. Im sure there is few more questions but ill let you answer all of these.
there is probaly alot of weedeating, more then likely around the buildings and along the curbs(the tracing of the road).
It would proably be a year contract, but not sure havent talked to anyone yet. I havent talked to anyone yet at the apartments, trying to get everything i need to know before i go

the distance from the apartments to the house is about 20 minutes.

There might be a person or 2 helping me or i could do it by myself, not sure how i would do it, i know more people would equal less time spent.

pnplawn
10-02-2007, 11:45 PM
I think its kinda hard for me give you "QUOTE" if you do not even know what has to be done. I think you should consider contacting the owner, or manger to see if they even want it mowed or need your service's. Find out what all you will be required to do then come back and tell us.There is no way I can tell you how much to charge for something that I dont even know what you will be doing. ( Ok here is what you do. Go talk to the people see if they need your service, If so find out what they want you to do and how they want to pay, "monthly, yearly, per cut so on". IF they want you to give them a bidTell the customer give you couple days to put a "BID" together and you will get back to them.Then come back and tell me what they said and what you will have to do.Then and Then ONLY can I give you my 2 cents on a price to service there complex.

Rodman

landonkade
10-03-2007, 10:01 AM
Quote[/b] (pnplawn @ Oct. 03 2007,12:45)]I think its kinda hard for me give you "QUOTE" if you do not even know what has to be done. I think you should consider contacting the owner, or manger to see if they even want it mowed or need your service's. Find out what all you will be required to do then come back and tell us.There is no way I can tell you how much to charge for something that I dont even know what you will be doing. ( Ok here is what you do. Go talk to the people see if they need your service, If so find out what they want you to do and how they want to pay, "monthly, yearly, per cut so on". IF they want you to give them a bidTell the customer give you couple days to put a "BID" together and you will get back to them.Then come back and tell me what they said and what you will have to do.Then and Then ONLY can I give you my 2 cents on a price to service there complex.

Rodman
like i have said , i just know its up for bid, havent had time to go up there yet

pnplawn
10-10-2007, 06:58 PM
Any news on this ? or is this a dead issuse?

landonkade
10-10-2007, 08:17 PM
Quote[/b] (pnplawn @ Oct. 10 2007,7:58)]Any news on this ? or is this a dead issuse?
went by there and talked to the property manager. She said there would be 3 apartment complexs to mow in 3 different towns about 20 minutes apart. Wants it every 2 weeks on mowing,edging,weedeating,blowing. Bush trimming 2 times a year. She said lowest bid counts, and i told her, u get what u pay for if u take the lowest bid. Also she wants contracts done and turned in by Jan.

Thats all so far

Steve
10-10-2007, 08:19 PM
WoW! So then what's your take on this? Do you hit it just as a bare bones job?

pnplawn
10-10-2007, 10:27 PM
Quote[/b] (landonkade @ Oct. 10 2007,9:17)]Quote[/b] (pnplawn @ Oct. 10 2007,7:58)]Any news on this ? or is this a dead issuse?She said lowest bid counts, and i told her, u get what u pay for if u take the lowest bid. Also she wants contracts done and turned in by Jan.

Thats all so far
Thre not alone, every one is that way. Even Couunty and Dtate Contracts are the same way. Lowest bid wins. its nothing new. get me some more info on rest of the apartments ill try help you put a bid together if you want.