PDA

View Full Version : lawn care business adding pressure washing

landonkade
09-06-2007, 09:10 PM
i have decided to start up a pressure washing business with the lawn care business that i have. I am still in my first year into the lawn care and i am making around $2,500 to $3,000 per month extra and still have a full time job, looking to quit the full time job soon. So for extra income thought i could pressure wash also.

What i am looking for is business cards customized from AMW to make a logo and include the lawn care and pressure washing on the same card, just sectioned out.

Like for lawn care- with the bubble period, mowing, blowing, edging, weedeating, trimming

pressure washing- decks, vinyal, brick, and whatever else goes with the service, cant think of the others

would like a VERY VERY professional looking card
our lawn care business name is J & M Lawn Care
something like J & M Lawn Care and Pressure Washing
i can get the cards probably made here in town

thanks,
Matt

Steve
09-06-2007, 09:18 PM
Matt,

How big of a business in your area is pressure washing vs. say having a fertilizer license to add on?

Any thoughts on that?

Also did you write Tony at amw about this?

landonkade
09-06-2007, 09:25 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Sep. 06 2007,10:18)]Matt,

How big of a business in your area is pressure washing vs. say having a fertilizer license to add on?

Any thoughts on that?

Also did you write Tony at amw about this?
there is very few people who do pressure washing here in town. And about everyone that owns a lawn care business here does fertilizing, there is alot of lawn care here in town

no i havent e-mailed tony yep

Steve
09-06-2007, 09:39 PM
Oh! well I look forwards to hearing how this new add on service works! Keep us posted!

Here is Tony's email sales@amw-graphics.com

landonkade
09-07-2007, 05:26 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Sep. 06 2007,10:39)]Oh! well I look forwards to hearing how this new add on service works! Keep us posted!

Here is Tony's email sales@amw-graphics.com
i e-mailed tony yesterday on 9/6/07 havent got anything back yet

Steve
09-07-2007, 05:29 PM
Also, in case you didn't know. Tony used to run a lawn care business and a pressure washing business, so he is a great person to ask business advise from on this topic. Let us know if he is able to help you out with any of that as well.

landonkade
09-10-2007, 04:23 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Sep. 07 2007,6:29)]Also, in case you didn't know. Tony used to run a lawn care business and a pressure washing business, so he is a great person to ask business advise from on this topic. Let us know if he is able to help you out with any of that as well.
i e-mailed tony, a week ago, and havent heard anything back yet. also what can keep me busy during the winter other than picking up leaves and pressure washing?

Steve
09-10-2007, 04:27 PM
Have you considered holiday decorations?

Hanging holiday lights etc?

What's your view on that?

landonkade
09-10-2007, 04:56 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Sep. 10 2007,5:27)]Have you considered holiday decorations?

Hanging holiday lights etc?

What's your view on that?
wouldnt pine straw have to be replaced, like take the old out if it isnt brown any more and replace with new, areating or whatever else falls in the winter months

AMW Graphics
09-10-2007, 05:29 PM
Quote[/b] (landonkade @ Sep. 10 2007,5:23)]Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Sep. 07 2007,6:29)]Also, in case you didn't know. Tony used to run a lawn care business and a pressure washing business, so he is a great person to ask business advise from on this topic. Let us know if he is able to help you out with any of that as well.
i e-mailed tony, a week ago, and havent heard anything back yet. also what can keep me busy during the winter other than picking up leaves and pressure washing?
Sorry about that, I see you email on thursday the 6th.
We all atended some classes and a trade show out of town, it was saposed tp be posted on the website but someone screwed up (me!), We just got back yesterday and we have been replying to emails all day. You should have an email soon, and if you need any advise or tips on pressure cleaning feel free to give me a call or I can even call you. I can point you to tons of good useful info as well as give you tips to make things quick and profitable.

Again sorry about the email, we try to reply within 24 hours.

Steve
09-10-2007, 05:40 PM
Tony,

This is a common question so please of you can post some of your powerwashing tips.

Thanks!

AMW Graphics
09-19-2007, 12:04 PM
The best tip i can give would be who/where i got all chems from.
TheCleanerNetwork (http://www.thecleanernetwork.com)

Anyone who wants to get into pressure cleaning should visit that site. There you can get chems, advice, tips, ect.

The guy who ownes the site and sells the chems is a great guy! I have met him a few times (in person) and went on some jobs when he used to still clean himself.

A few other tips:
If you can get hot water, get it...much faster washing times.
The GPM (gallons per min.) is more important than the PSI!
Get a min. of 4 gallon 3000psi per min. washer.
Get a belt drive.
Get a 6ft wand, you wont get wet while washing.
Get an x-jet, sprays chems 30-40ft without running them through the pump and all your hose.
Get at least 200ft of high pressure hose.

MOST JOBS can be done with VERY low pressure, 90% of them can be at 500-1200psi. Ajust your pressure thru tips on the end of the wand, not using devices on the pump (some have them some dont). Change your unloader to a K7, your hands will thank you!

I will add more as i can think of it, but the #1 thing is TheCleanerNetwork (http://www.thecleanernetwork.com)

Any spacific questions please ask.