PDA

View Full Version : New Aluminum Dump Insert!

PremierLand
04-04-2007, 10:09 PM
I got my new dump insert today, finally. It is a DownEaster Aluminum Dump insert with the double acting pump, Head Board and Tarp System. It is awesome. I cant wait to use it!

Going to buy the salter attachment in the fall.

I want to post pictures but dont know how.

Steve
04-04-2007, 10:53 PM
I just sent you a pm.

Also I changed one of the forum settings, you might be able to attach an image now when you click on the add reply button. It should appear below where you type.

Steve
04-04-2007, 11:06 PM
Picture 1

Steve
04-04-2007, 11:08 PM
Picture 2

Steve
04-04-2007, 11:09 PM
Picture 3

Steve
04-04-2007, 11:11 PM
Mark,

The photos look great! Could you tell us a little about why you decided to purchase this one? What are the benefits of having the dump insert.

What price range should others look to spend if they wanted to get one?

PremierLand
04-04-2007, 11:22 PM
Thanks. Since I already have a dump truck, I loved not having to rake grass out of the back. So I got the insert since this truck is going to be my lawn rig and my f350 is now my landscaping rig.

I decided this one because it seemed like the best of the best. It has a double acting pump, meaning power up and power down. Most comapnies have power up gravity down, and that can cause problems. I also got the headboard and tarp kit. So far its awesome, but I havent had a chance to use it yet. The benefits are endless, especially since it only weighs like 400#.

This one was over $5,000, yes thats right $5,000, however IMO it is the Bently of Dump Inserts. A steel version is about half that.

Steve
04-04-2007, 11:24 PM
It really looks sweet!

How long did it take to install?

Do you have any pictures of any of the interior shots if any alteration were needed?

Also how will the dump insert effect a salter attachment?

PremierLand
04-04-2007, 11:33 PM
It took less than 5-6 hours. The interior is just a pad with up/down like on an electric dump body. Same exact switch taht is on my f350 dump.

There is a salter attachment that takes place of the tailgate, its electric and you just load the salt in the bed and it spreads it just like a undertailgate salter.

www.sandspreader.com

Steve
04-04-2007, 11:39 PM
Would it be similar to this one?

http://www.sandspreader.com/tailgate1.jpg

or like this one?

http://www.sandspreader.com/images2/all-elec.gif

PremierLand
04-04-2007, 11:40 PM
Yep, same exact one. I already have one, but well I got in a little fender bender and need another one. So in the fall im getting another one. It just takes place of the tailgate. Also made by the same company, and one of the only companies that make electric undertailgate salters.