PDA

View Full Version : Moose hunting pics!

Steve
02-23-2007, 07:50 PM
Here are some pics sent to us from our friend Rich 'MTMoose.'

Steve
02-23-2007, 07:51 PM
Can you imagine sitting there and watching this moose cross the stream?

Steve
02-23-2007, 07:52 PM
Maybe you are up in a tree stand and you peer through the tree limbs to spot this beautiful shot!

Steve
02-23-2007, 07:53 PM
What beautiful scenery!

Steve
02-23-2007, 07:54 PM
Montana seems to be a hunter's paradise!

Steve
02-23-2007, 07:55 PM
What beautiful land!

Steve
02-23-2007, 07:56 PM
Rich could you tell us a little about where all these photos where taken?

Also what size elk was that you got? How long did it take to get it? Were you hunting with a rifle or a bow?

tiedeman
02-23-2007, 09:18 PM
Those are great pics!

Steve
02-23-2007, 11:15 PM
Yea! Seeing these pics makes me want to be out there in that great wilderness!

I am happy to see someone is enjoying it!

MTMoose
02-24-2007, 05:09 AM
Glad y'all like the photos! These were all taken in the Lewis and Clark National Forest in the Lincoln, Montana area. I use a bow as well as a rifle. The bow season here starts on labor day weekend and ends mid october, a week later rifle season kicks in and ends Thanks Giving weekend. It gives me about 4 months of big game hunting. This year I was fortunate in that I only missed 2 weekends of hunting total. The elk I got this year was a 5x6. Not a huge bull by any means but still a memorable hunt! I took him the last week of rifle season, he dressed out around 550 lbs. It took two long days of hard work to get him out. I ended up having to quarter him in order to pack him out. I was about 4 miles back in and the trees in the area I was hunting are so thick you can hardly walk through them. I will post more photo's of Montana as I download them to my computer. If I can figure it out.lol

Steve
02-26-2007, 12:44 AM
Rich, to all our friends out there who are reading these posts and viewing pictures of your adventures. What advice would you offer the man or woman out there dreaming they could do what you do. Running your own business and having the time and money to get out and enjoy the great outdoors the way you do.

What should they be doing to achieve the dream you have achieved?

MTMoose
02-27-2007, 03:03 PM
Well, I spose a lot of it is just time management and taking avantage of what your area has to offer. Work is important, but so is taking a break and enjoying life. I am lucky enough to live here in Montana. We don't have a long mowing season. We start in April/May and by mid-November everything is winding down. In the peak season there is not a whole lot of time, but I still make sure I take Sunday off in order to reflect on what has happened during the past week and to try to organize the next week in an efficient manner. I don't usually do this from home though. I head to the mountains or go fishing on the river. This way I don't have lifes everyday destractions nagging on me. If I am at home I am always trying to get a list of "necessities" done.
The money part of it is something that I believe just comes with good management. I believe in working smarter and not harder. There are a lot of customers out there who want your services for next to nothing. And these cheaper folks tend to complain about alot more. I have found the people who are willing to pay top dollar for my services are doing it because they like what I do and they understand that I know what is going on. For example I would rather cut 30 lawns for $35 a peice than 50 Lawns for $20. More profit less work, easier on the equipment.
With this frame of mind comes more time to do things for yourself. I am not saying I don't have a few low dollar jobs, I do. I will not raise the price that high for senior citicens living on S.S. They can hardly make it as it is. I just made sure to weed out the whiners, the lowballers can deal with them.
Hope this helps.