PDA

View Full Version : Customer with budget problems

tiedeman
01-09-2007, 08:11 PM
Would you honestly take on this customer?

This customer has serious budget problems and approached me about maintaining her lawn for her in 2007. She normally has one lco mow it every week to 10 days, but she was hoping to move it to every two weeks to save some money.

I currently do her for snow removal, and I already give her a deal there as well. The reason for the deal for snow removal is because I already maintain one of her relatives, and approx 6 customers are only a couple of houses down from her. That is another reason for the lawn maintenance deal because of all the customers so close to her.

But would you still compromise your work and money to get this additional customer?

Steve
01-09-2007, 08:41 PM
Well, if you are ok with mowing it every 2 weeks why not?

What's the downside to it?

tiedeman
01-09-2007, 10:17 PM
Pro: 1. Another customer right by a lot of my current customers
2. It's additional income

Con: 1. I have to maintain it every 2 weeks, in which growth could get out of hand
2. The chance of upselling any additional work is probably slip to none

Steve
01-10-2007, 01:48 AM
Well, I think the pros outweigh the cons.

Maybe someone else would like to offer their suggestion.

MTMoose
02-24-2007, 03:24 PM
What I do in that situation is I figure the job rate at job 1 1/2 or close to it due to the extra time and work that is most likely going to be involved. For example you do a yard for 25 normally. They want every other week. Tell the ok but I have to charge $37.50. (I would actually put it at $35.00.) I have done this and have yet to lose a customer. They are still saving money and you are getting paid for the extra labor.

biggin69
02-25-2007, 05:09 PM
I agree with MTMoose on this one. I have done this myself in the past and the customer agreed to with no problems.