PDA

View Full Version : Calls back from dealers or suppliers

tiedeman
12-12-2006, 08:44 PM
Is it just me, or does anybody else experience the lack of call backs with dealers and suppliers?

For example, you go in there and place an order and they tell you that they will call when it comes in, but they never call. Finally, after about a week has gone by from when it was supposed to arrive, you give them a call up and sure as heck they always say, "Yup, it's been sitting here for a while." Why did you not call me then?

Another example; You ask a supplier to check into the MSDS sheets on a pesticide product. They said that they will get back with you. Every week that you go into the store and ask for the sheets, they still haven't gotten to it yet or have forgot about it. This has been going on now 1 1/2 months for me with one particular supplier.

Anybody else experience poor customer service? When a customer calls me up with a question I get the answer the same day, or give them a time table of when I can solve it, and 99.9% of the time, I solve it before that time table is up.

Steve
12-12-2006, 09:43 PM
Do you ever find owners do that or is it employees? Or both?

tiedeman
12-12-2006, 10:21 PM
both do it.

myrlin
12-13-2006, 05:37 AM
Fine a new supplier.you the customer. cut back on buy from them i did it to my.they did care.if more of use did that they wood care.you think.

barry

Steve
12-13-2006, 12:00 PM
Are there other vendors in the area you can use?

myrlin
12-13-2006, 12:29 PM
everone as other vendors you just got look for than.

barry

tiedeman
12-13-2006, 02:38 PM
since I am in a smaller city, there a very few around at all. Most dealers that I would like to deal with live 30 to 45 miles away.

myrlin
12-13-2006, 04:27 PM
Can you buy in quantity I am sure they deliver.And you get a better price.

Barry

tiedeman
12-17-2006, 12:41 PM
Most have it where you have to purchase around a minimum of $1,000

myrlin
12-17-2006, 09:18 PM
For one think or can you mix it up. And can you sell it. If you can sell it befor you buy it. That great. now the time to sell for up come year. make adeal with your customs like they do with heat oil. Sell it for a coup buck less in the winter and put down in the spring.May they will hold it untill spring at the store. Some time you can buy for less in the winter.They need money too.

Barry