PDA

View Full Version : Refusing to work for a G ay customer?

Steve
11-08-2006, 04:57 PM
Have you ever heard of such a situation? Should one mix religious beliefs with their business?

I would venture to guess Todd never thought this would become an issue picked up nationwide by the press.

Houston Landscaper Refuses To Work For G ay Customers (http://www.click2houston.com/news/10124161/detail.html) - An e-mail from a Houston-area landscaper that said he chose not to do work for homosexuals has spread nationwide, KPRC Local 2 reported Friday.

Michael Lord wanted to spruce up the outside of his home in the Heights, so he asked the "Garden Guy" to create an outdoor work of art.

But he was rejected based on his sexual orientation.

From http://www.garden-guy.com/
“Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to Himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any blemish, but holy and blameless. In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. ... For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh... each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband."
Ephesians 5:25-33

tiedeman
11-08-2006, 10:59 PM
I have noticed a lot that more and more businesses are running their business based on their faith. I mean, when they advertise, they actually say something about they faith or about God, or something. To be honest with you, I have no problem with it, but it actually scares me. It scares me to think that Christians will only want to get work from other Christians. Almost like discrimination all over again

tlclismore
11-15-2006, 07:01 AM
I personally have nothing against the G ay community But I did a job for a G ay fellow and got stung pretty bad. It was 2 day's work for 2 people trimming hedges down from 15 feet back to 6 foot high.
I told him before we started the job that the end result would look woody on top because of the amount that he wanted to take off the hedges and would take at least 3 months to look any good. He said that that was Ok and we agreed on a price for the work. The work was done and he thanked us for such a wonderful job.
I sent the bill out in the mail the next day stating it was a 7 day account. After 2 weeks went by I paid him a visit to collect the outstanding account. When he came to the door he stayed behind the security door which I thought was a bit funny at the time but anyway I asked him if he had received the account and he said "Yes and I'm not paying".

I asked why? He said that we did a botch up job of it and he could get the guy down the road to do it for $37 dollars cheaper and he was a professional. A few words were exchanged about who was the professional and I left. I put the collection into the hands of my lawyer and he commenced proceedings to get payment for the job.

My lawyer was then notified that this cretin had cross filed claiming damages to his property for the same amount as our agreed fee (the price of the bill), subsequently we dropped the claim because it would be too expensive to chase it up.

To cut a long story short this is not the first time he has done this and he gets away with it every time.
I'm not saying that it was because he was G ay that he did this but beware of men that bat for the same team!

tiedeman
11-15-2006, 02:05 PM
That is horrible!

tlclismore
11-16-2006, 05:18 AM
Quote[/b] (tiedeman @ Nov. 15 2006,4:05)]That is horrible!
Your telling me!
I see him around the town every now and then so I just smile at him (with a really smug smile that is) He puts his head down and tries to get as far away from me as possible.

I find the smile and the unflinching stare really gets to him. He doesn't know what I'll do next and I think that scares him.

I wouldn't do anything because I'm not that kind of person but I really like the reaction you get from a person with something on their conscious. Ha ha ha! http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif