PDA

View Full Version : How not to do it. Ouch!!!

Steve
09-27-2006, 03:24 AM
I was forwarded this and can't believe it.

Check out this site. http://murrayslandscaping.com/

I have heard many lco's doing this in the past, but can you imagine doing this technique yourself and getting someone so angry that they make a website to try and get you to stop doing this?

What's your view?

tiedeman
09-27-2006, 09:32 AM
Now correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the landscaping company set that up as a joke on themselves? It actually isn't a complaint thing really Because if the landscaping company did set it up themselves, it's kind of a good idea, but they went a little too far. No way in that site did I see something say, "To Stop the Rock throwing, contact us today for a free lawn estimate" They went a little too far because they had other links to report to the BBB, blight, etc.

I just think that something like that, of where they went too far, is going to backfire on them

Steve
09-27-2006, 11:06 AM
Have you seen this before?

Maybe it is a joke, but it didn't appear that way to me.

tiedeman
09-27-2006, 06:24 PM
I am confused by the site.

I wrote to the email on there, and I will get back to you about it.

Howard Roark
09-27-2006, 10:07 PM
Interesting how the the web address to stop them, is the exact name of the company. Or did I miss something here?

If it is them playing both sides, I can't see any positives coming from it. But who knows?

tiedeman
09-27-2006, 10:46 PM
That is what I was confused on....that the sites name is that of the companys.

tiedeman
09-28-2006, 07:05 PM
Well, I got a reponse back from the site. Supposedly it took them three years to stop this guy, and the guy ended up receiving $4,505 in fines and 3 years probations.

I won't cut and paste the email, because I haven't asked permission from the person, but in a nutshell the guy was asking for it for a long time. They kept on asking him to knock it off and constantly called him. He told them (not exactly quoted in his own words), "Take me to court to stop me, I have the best lawyers." So that is what they did and won.