PDA

View Full Version : Reviewing your customers

Steve
07-11-2006, 05:21 PM
How often or do you ever review your customer roster and think about which ones you would like to prune?

Do you feel that 10% of your clients take up 90% of your time and if you pruned that 10% you would be able to add more customers?

tiedeman
07-31-2006, 07:32 PM
Whenever I am at certain customers homes I wish that I wasn't doing them.

I usually always do my pruning either at the end of the year, or the beginning of spring. I cut on average about 3 to 5% of my customers base each. I cut the ones that are always late payers, constant pain in the butt, or properties that I can't stand

Steve
07-31-2006, 09:26 PM
How do you go about cutting them from your list? Do you send them a letter to raise their prices or what do you suggest?

tiedeman
08-01-2006, 06:57 PM
I usually send them a letter and tell them that I am either; cutting back on customers due to travel/fuel prices, or that I am cutting back on the service being offered

Howard Roark
08-02-2006, 11:14 PM
Time of year is obviously a big factor, although despite the craving for money in the early spring, not everyone gets the welcome back letter! http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

I could have pruned a few today but I'm done advertising and riding the rest of the year out so it's bean counting days.