PDA

View Full Version : Great Idea!

Howard Roark
07-12-2006, 10:18 PM
Great idea for a new forum topic to create and inspire new ideas to attract new customers to your business. Although getting new customers is fairly easy in my area ( at least to me) keep in mind to think out of the box as advertising is a mastery of psychology/philosophy, and to approach your business like a businessman/woman, not someone who merely pushes a lawnmower.

Steve
07-12-2006, 11:15 PM
Howard,

What do you find is the most difficult part of customers.

Getting them, dealing with them, keeping them, getting rid of them?

And why so?

kc2006
07-13-2006, 12:03 PM
Quote[/b] (Howard Roark @ July 12 2006,11:18)]and to approach your business like a businessman/woman, not someone who merely pushes a lawnmower.
Thats exactly what I'm doing with all future advertising. I want to portray myself and my company as a professional organization. Thats the big thing I'm pushing in my commercial sales pitch.

Steve
07-13-2006, 12:08 PM
Quote[/b] ]I want to portray myself and my company as a professional organization. Thats the big thing I'm pushing in my commercial sales pitch.
How have you changed your sales pitch to accomplish this?

tiedeman
07-13-2006, 01:44 PM
I think the most difficult part of customers these days providing a high quality service at an affordable price. Sure there are still some customers that you can get away with charging a higher rate and they don't bat an eye at it, but others these days they are budgetting a lot more

kc2006
07-13-2006, 02:05 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ July 13 2006,1:08)]Quote[/b] ]I want to portray myself and my company as a professional organization. *Thats the big thing I'm pushing in my commercial sales pitch.
How have you changed your sales pitch to accomplish this?
For my commercial binder I keep stating the fact that we are more then just a company that mows grass and applys mulch, we're a full service company and we try to make the clients experience easier. I go on to explain all the little perks that I do to make it easier. Billing options, being a full service contractor means they don't have to deal with many different contractors which saves time for them and money. I'm just trying to stress all the points that make me look like the man to go with and make them realize that I take my business serious and don't think of myself as just a guy who cuts grass.

I remember seeing a book, the title was something about how to brag about yourself to make you look like the in demand guy. Thats what I've been doing and it seems to work. I lay it on the line to customers that they need to make a decision because our roster is filling up and it must snap in their head "he must be good and in demand" and they normally make their decision right then.

Steve
07-13-2006, 02:18 PM
How long do you feel these customer presentations should take?

kc2006
07-16-2006, 04:38 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ July 13 2006,3:18)]How long do you feel these customer presentations should take?
I didn't really think of it as being a presentation, more of an introduction. Just stop in and ask to talk with the person in charge of the property maintenance, introduce myself and why I'm there and briefly describe the booklet I'm giving them.

My brother said if I want he'd go around and do this, I'm good with people but he's far better with people. So I might let him do it.