PDA

View Full Version : Generating Invoices

Lawns
05-23-2007, 08:50 PM
On the Generate Automatic Invoices screen there is an option to "exclude customers who have been generated as recently as" then there is a drop down date window. *I thought this would work if I generated invoices for all customers on May 1, 2007 then on May 10 I generated invoices again for all customers with the above option checked with May 1, 2007 entered in the drop down window. *But it appears when I do that, the program ignores the date of the last generated invoice and generates a new one for all customers again. *I was trying to not generate another invoice for customers I had recently sent an invoice to. *Any suggestions?? *What does that "exclude customers.." function do?? *Thanks.

Gopher Support
05-24-2007, 10:54 AM
If you generated invoices on May 1, 2007 then the customer's "Previous Invoice Generate Date" on the Customer | Billing tab would be set to May 1, 2007. Then the next time you generate you can exclude those customers who were generated on May 1st by checking the "exclude..." checkbox on the Generate screen and specifying "May 1, 2007" as the date.

This option prevents any customers who where generated on or after the specified date from being included in the current batch of generated invoices.

Which version # of Gopher are you running? Is it 3.2.17?
Also, this does not exclude customers for whom you manually creating invoices (by going to Invoice | New).

Lawns
05-24-2007, 01:57 PM
I am running 3.2.17. I am not sure I follow you previous reply. Where is the Customer - Billing Tab?? If I click on Customer on the left side of the screen I do not see any billing tab. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks for the help.

Lawns
05-24-2007, 02:01 PM
I tried to use the "exclude..." option for all invoices created as recently as 5/118/07. The program comes back and tells me there are no invoices to create. There are completed jobs to be billed. How do I generate just those invoices without having to select each customer seperately??

Gopher Support
05-29-2007, 10:42 AM
You have to edit a customer first to see the Billing tab. If you want to email your database to support@gophersoftware.com we can take a look at it for you to see what's causing the problem.

jonjon987
08-11-2007, 10:39 AM
Just wanting to know:let's say i start a new customer in the middle of the month and my method of charging is per month at a fixed price, how can I credit them for half month without it looking as though that credit is money made?
:blush: