PDA

View Full Version : I have done something here...

Crusher
05-18-2007, 04:00 PM
I have a few customers who like to pay in advance. I enter it with the payment key on their account. As I watch the account during the month the total stays positive in thier favor, never going negitive by that amount. Do I need to generate an ivoice first so the totals will match up? What am I doing wrong that I need to fix here....

Gopher Support
05-20-2007, 10:29 AM
The account balance is not affected when jobs are completed on the schedule screen. Completed jobs first have to be 'generated' into invoices before they are reflected in a customer's balance.

Crusher
05-22-2007, 09:33 AM
Yes but when I got to the invoice section and generate an invoice specificly for a customer, it will say no invoices generated. I get no invoice....

Crusher
05-22-2007, 09:34 AM
Quote[/b] (Gopher Support @ May 20 2007,10:29)]The account balance is not affected when jobs are completed on the schedule screen. Completed jobs first have to be 'generated' into invoices before they are reflected in a customer's balance.
When i generate an incoice for the customer who pre paid. I get nothing.

Gopher Support
05-23-2007, 11:03 AM
Do you have any of the following for the prepaid customers:
1) scheduled jobs that were completed
2) auto-billing items (configured on the customer screen)
3) contract items (configured on the contract screen)

Without at least one of these items Gopher will not create an invoice for a customer.

Crusher
05-23-2007, 09:51 PM
Quote[/b] (Gopher Support @ May 23 2007,11:03)]Do you have any of the following for the prepaid customers:
1) scheduled jobs that were completed
2) auto-billing items (configured on the customer screen)
3) contract items (configured on the contract screen)

Without at least one of these items Gopher will not create an invoice for a customer.
Yes in every case, I have scheduled jobs that were completed.

Looking at the schedule of completed jobs I see every one accounted for.

Could putting in a payment before the job was completed do this?

Today one of the customers scheduled cut was completed and it did print out an invoice taking todays cut out of the positive balance of the customers account. (but only todays)

But the question is why did it do this in the first place?

Gopher Support
05-24-2007, 11:33 AM
Putting in payments before the job was completed will not prevent the job from being included in an invoice when you generate.

Is it possible that you used a line item date range on the generate screen that didn't include any of the completed jobs?

Crusher
05-24-2007, 04:21 PM
Quote[/b] (Gopher Support @ May 24 2007,11:33)]Putting in payments before the job was completed will not prevent the job from being included in an invoice when you generate.

Is it possible that you used a line item date range on the generate screen that didn't include any of the completed jobs?
OK that solves the no invoice part of it. If I do an invoice for the whole month I get one. I am not getting a bar code at the bottom like all the rest. Any thoughts on this?

I have been running this software for a while now so I am not a total dufus.... http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Crusher
05-25-2007, 02:54 PM

Looks like that solves the mystery. I clicked on the ignor though date box with these pre pay customers. I got an invoice.

Cool beans though everything was going kookey for a while there... I was just me http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif