PDA

View Full Version : Network

lawnsrusinc.
04-15-2007, 10:41 AM
I have an issue do you guys plan on making this software work over a network or is their a way i can have my comp. guy do it i love the software but need it to work over 2-3 comp. in my office.

Thanks Jason

Gopher Support
04-17-2007, 12:40 PM
Gopher can be configured to run on a network. However, it was not specifically designed to support multiple users entering data at the same time. You can do this, but you will not see the other user's most recent data entry until the next time you run Gopher. It's ideal for a business owner who has two computers and mainly uses one at a time for data entry. To access the data on another computer you must have a Gopher shortcut on your desktop whose "target" looks like this:

program_path local_fullpath_to_filename_on_server server_ip_address

for example:
"C:\Program Files\Ditech\Gopher 2006\Gopher2006.exe" "C:\Program Files\Ditech\Gopher 2006\Gopher2006.gdb" 192.168.0.50

Remember though, if you are trying to network your desktop and laptop with your data residing on your desktop, when you take your laptop off the network you will have no data on your laptop and you will get an error.