PDA

View Full Version : manual installation of Gopher Palm module

Gopher Support
10-05-2005, 12:58 PM
Some users have reported error messages when they tried to install the Gopher Palm setup file. Here is a manual way to install it which bypasses the setup file and eliminates the error message.

Go to http://www.getgopher.com/palmbeta/
and do the following:
1) Download and run the PalmCOMInstaller.exe file
2) Right-click on gopher.prc and save it to your desktop.
3) Double-click on the gopher.prc file on your desktop. This will allow you to install it onto your handheld.
4) Press the hotsync button on your cradle to transfer the gopher.prc onto the handheld
5) Right-click on GopherPalmConduit.dll and save it to your Gopher folder (C:\Program Files\Ditech\Gopher 2003\)
6) Click on Start | Run and then type
REGSVR32 "C:\Program Files\Ditech\Gopher 2003\GopherPalmConduit.dll"
and click OK.
(if you saved the file to a different location then use that location instead)
6) Try to hotsync again. You should now see the Gopher conduit screen with options for transferring data to and from the handheld.

Troubleshooting
If the conduit file has already been registered you will get an error msg. You can unregister the file by going to Start | Run and typing:
REGSVR32 /u "C:\Program Files\Ditech\Gopher 2003\GopherPalmConduit.dll"
(assuming that's the location of the conduit that was originally registered)

10-05-2005, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the fix, looks like it will work.

10-09-2005, 06:35 PM
This is not working for me, When I click Start/Run and try to open the .dll file I get a message asking me what program should open the file

Gopher Support
10-10-2005, 03:20 AM
Did you type this exact command from Start | Run:

Did you possibly leave out the REGSVR32 before the dll filename?

big bip
11-15-2005, 09:09 AM
I followed your instructions for manual installation of the palm software, but it's not working. I have a gopher icon on the palm main menu. After clicking on that, the program goes to a blank screen that contains a gopher "tab" up-top. I then tried unregistering it then re-registering using the dll file. Same output. Any other suggestions???

Steve
11-15-2005, 12:31 PM
Hi big bip,

Did you hotsync yet? That will transfer the data from your Gopher desktop to the Palm.

big bip
11-16-2005, 09:07 AM
Yes i have hotsynced numerous times. Both with gopher running on the desktop and with it closed down. I have a palm zire 31.

04-19-2006, 06:14 PM
I tried to manually enter the the palm when i get to double click on the gopher prc fileit says what program do you want to open this program? i am not sure. Is there any easier way?

Gopher Support
04-19-2006, 08:01 PM
When you double-click on the PRC file it should automatically know to associate it with the hotsync manager. Is your Palm hotsync manager installed and does it appear in your system tray? It looks like a red & blue circular arrow.

Accuscapes
04-25-2006, 09:42 PM
I still can not get the palm app to open on my palm.I have manually installed and hot sinked several times the icon is on the palm and when I click on the icon all I get is the gopher tab and a blank screen. Please help.

Gopher Support
04-26-2006, 12:54 AM
It still sounds like the Gopher Palm conduit still isn't installed. Try right-clicking on your hotsync manager icon (on the system tray) and then click on Custom. Do you see anything listed called "Gopher Palm Module"?

PLC
04-30-2006, 11:28 AM
I am stuck at this same point. I did everything the manual installation said to in the order it said to do it in. I right-click on my hotsync manager icon (on the system tray) and then click on Custom. There is nothing listed called "Gopher Palm Module". What do i do now?

Gopher Support
04-30-2006, 03:22 PM
Try this:
Go to Start | Run:
1) REGSVR32 -u "C:\Program Files\Ditech\Gopher 2003\GopherPalmConduit.dll"
hit enter, and post the message that gets displayed
2) Then go to Start | Run:
hit enter, and post the message that gets displayed

Please note that -u is used only in the first command and not the second.

PLC
04-30-2006, 06:40 PM
I get no message. The hourglass comes up beside my pointer like something is working ,but nothing. I even click on Custom to see if there is listing called "Gopher Palm Module", nothing. I even hotsync my palm, no special window for gopher comes up to sync my information.

Gopher Support
05-01-2006, 02:49 AM
1) What version of Windows are you running?
1a) If you're running XP are you logged in as an administrator?
2) What version of Palm hotsync manager are you running? (right-click on the hotsync manager in the system tray and click on About)
3) Go to Start | Run:
REGSVR32
and hit enter. What message do you see?
4) What other programs appear in your system tray (down by the clock)?
5) What virus/firewall software are you running, if any?

PLC
05-01-2006, 12:52 PM
I deleted my palm software and redownloaded it back on my desktop. The palm software was the problem, it works great now. Thank you

Gopher Tech
05-01-2006, 04:38 PM
That is great news PLC!

PLC
05-03-2006, 12:22 AM
I am having a problem with the sync. I am getting a message saying the that "this beta version is out of date and contact www. gophersoftware.com" was working great intill yesterday afternoon.

Gopher Tech
05-03-2006, 05:11 AM
Hi PLC,

See if you can download the latest Gopher Palm GopherPalmConduit.dll file from here (http://www.getgopher.com/palmbeta/) and overwrite your current dll file.

This might resolve the issue.

JMM0254
07-11-2006, 08:34 AM
The Pal Beta says it expires in about 60 days. If I purchase Gopher - will the Palm application then remain active and not expire? Thanks.

Gopher Support
07-11-2006, 08:58 AM
The Gopher Palm module will remain free while it is in beta. We will announce in advance when we plan to start charging for the module. But it will be free at least through the end of this year. We'll have another free beta file available for download before this current beta expires.

Perfect Cuts
03-23-2007, 06:04 PM
I cant do this please help

Gopher Support
03-23-2007, 11:19 PM
Can you tell us what steps you were able to do? And what error messages, if any, did you get?

All Aspects Landscaping
04-04-2007, 05:32 PM
is there anyway to hook up my Palm Treo 700 WX to this program?

Gopher Support
04-05-2007, 01:05 AM
The Treo 700wx cannot run the Gopher Palm Module. That particular PDA does not run the Palm OS, which is required to run the Gopher Palm Module.

PLC
09-11-2007, 01:32 PM
My treo will sync no problems.But when I go to view it on my treo the screen is blank. there is no info on the screen under Gopher