PDA

View Full Version : Deleting jobs

Freshcut
03-08-2007, 05:33 PM
I noticed that when I delete jobs on a certain day by right clicking on the calender day, the jobs will reappear the next time that Gopher loads. Do I have to delete the jobs from the job list as well everytime I delete a job?? Thanks.

Gopher Support
03-13-2007, 06:01 AM
This appears to be a glitch in the program. The work-around is to force Gopher to save on some other screen immediately after using the right-click option to delete all jobs on a day. For example, you can go to the Customer screen, double-click on a customer, and then click Ok right away. This should make all of the changes permanent.

Freshcut
03-13-2007, 04:29 PM
Ok. Thanks for the info. Hopefully I can remember to do that. Also, I am having a similar problem with my clusters. I have had them all set up a couple times and tested them to make sure that they work. When I close Gopher and then restart it, I try to use the clusters but all the assigned jobs for the clusters have been deleted. Of course then those jobs wont print until I assign the jobs to those customers. Could this be the same sort of problem?? Thanks.

Gopher Support
03-13-2007, 06:32 PM
That's quite possible. Which version # of Gopher are you running?

Freshcut
03-13-2007, 07:34 PM
Version 3.2.17
Database Version 3.29
Actually I just tested the cluster. I assigned the jobs and then made sure to save( By clicking on a customer and then ok) Initially it appeared to work. I did not close Gopher but came back 15 mins later and the info was gone again. Arrggghhh. Thanks.

Freshcut
03-14-2007, 06:43 PM
In regards to my previous question in this post, you wrote of a glitch when right clicking a day in the calender and trying to delete all of the jobs. You said to save somewhere so that those jobs don't reappear. Do I still need to do that if I manually delete jobs or does this glitch only happen when trying to delete all jobs for that day at the same time?? I'm worried that I will cancel a job and forget to save. We would then end up doing a job that was not supposed to be done.

Gopher Support
03-16-2007, 07:07 AM
The problem does not occur when you delete an individual job. It is only with the "delete all jobs on date X" right-click menu option.

We can't recreate the problem using the job cluster. Is that something you can recreate? If so, can you tell us the steps?

Freshcut
03-16-2007, 01:59 PM
Oops. I think that the job cluster issue is all me. While in the schedule area, I would click on the job list tab and see these jobs (from the cluster) and could not figure out why they were there. I thought these jobs were waiting to be done so I deleted them. Now I just leave those jobs there and the clusters (so far) remain intact. Thanks for the info.