PDA

View Full Version : trial problems

01-18-2006, 11:47 PM
have installed 2003 version and same problem as others that i have read on this board (when starting locking up), downloaded update (gopher 2004), I can now start the program but as it is intializing and also when I am in the program and click on "invoice", "schedule" etc. an error box appears that says "unavailable database". any help please

Steve
01-19-2006, 12:34 AM
Hi Mike,

Does the error box say anything else besides "unavailable database?" The more specific you are the better we can help.

Do any of the other sections work? The customer page?

If none of the sections work, then I am thinking the Interbase server (which is the Gopher database server) doesn't seem to be running.

Can you restart your computer and try again?

If still not working, hit ctrl-alt-delete and look on the processes tab and see if ibserver and ibguard are listed there?

ranchoparadise21
03-14-2007, 02:59 PM
I downloaded the trial and i get the "unavailable database" message also what can i do to repair this. I have already tried restarting my system

Gopher Support
03-14-2007, 10:16 PM
Are you running Vista? If so, right-click on the Gopher icon, go to Properties | Compatibility and set it to "Windows 98 / Windows ME". Please let us know if that gets rid of the error.

Freshcut
03-15-2007, 03:51 PM
I had the same problem. Turns out that when another user logged on, I would switch the user back to me and then get that error message. I dont have the problem when I am the only one logged on. I think its still ok after I restart as long as I log on first.

Freshcut
03-15-2007, 03:53 PM
check one of my recent posts "Gopher wont load" at the bottom of the first forum page.