PDA

View Full Version : Gopher wont load

Freshcut
02-25-2007, 05:59 PM
Almost every time I load Gopher, I get an error message saying that the database was unable to initialize and I have to restart my system. This happens even when I have restarted recently. Is this a common problem???? Thank you.

Gopher Support
02-26-2007, 07:04 AM
Are you running Windows Vista?
Are you able to load Gopher after you restart your system?
-> If so, are you using more than one user account on Windows XP? (i.e. do you switch users or login with a user other than the one you used to install Gopher?)

Freshcut
03-04-2007, 11:26 AM
I am running windows xp pro. When I get the error message, I restart my system and then gopher loads just fine. I do have multiple people logging on to the same computer but only I will be using gopher. Thanks.

Gopher Support
03-04-2007, 12:59 PM
Gopher sometimes has trouble detecting its back-end database, called Interbase, if you initially login with one user after starting the computer and then switch to another user before using Gopher.

Does the problem still occur if you only login with just one user from the time you start your computer until the time you load Gopher?

Freshcut
03-06-2007, 02:30 PM
It appears that if I log in first everything is fine. Thanks, that could be the answer. Ill test that theory and let you know if it works. Thanks again.

Freshcut
03-08-2007, 04:29 PM
Yup that took care of the problem. Thanks.