PDA

View Full Version : Scheduling problem

VogelLawnService
02-26-2007, 11:25 AM
hey, i have a slight problem. I have a customer that needs one service performed once a week. and a seperate service performed once a month. I set it up as 2 seperate services. My problem is in the schedualing. is there a way i can set it up so serviceA is schedualed for once a week and serviceB is schedualed for once a month automatically? If not what other way can i handle this situation? http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif

Gopher Support
02-26-2007, 10:18 PM
1) Schedule a job for the weekly service
2) Schedule a second job for the monthly service. Let's say you want it to occur on the 1st Wednesday of each month. On the Frequency step of the schedule wizard, set the job type to Custom. Interval can be left at 1 Week (or even 1 Day). The key is to set Maximum Visits Per Month to 1. And set Requested Day to Wednesday.
3) Now let's say you want it to occur on the second Wednesday of the month. In that case, set the "Earliest day of month to visit" to 8. The 8th is the earliest day of the month that the second Wednesday can land on. If you wanted it to occur during the third week, you'd set this value to 15.

VogelLawnService
03-01-2007, 10:21 AM
sorry if im becomming a pain, but i need to get this down before i get extremely buisy! http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif but why is it that you can set customer specific prices but then when you schedual them you have to search through your whole list of services. i have about 15 different services for mowing. all different prices. and i set the different prices specific for different customers. i dotn remember all my prices and who they are for. so is there a way to chose between the specific prices you set for a customer when you are schedualing that customer. if not what is the most efficient way to schedual customers with their specific prices?

Gopher Support
03-02-2007, 09:58 AM
You only need to create one service called "Mowing" in the service list. Within the Mowing service you can define the customer-specific prices. Then when you scheduling Mowing for Customer X it will automatically know what to charge them. You shouldn't create a different service item for each Mowing price. Is that what you're asking?

VogelLawnService
03-02-2007, 11:50 PM
ohh ok! i got ya.. thanks alot.. now i gota redo this all lol http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif

VogelLawnService
03-05-2007, 02:44 PM
now tg.. i have some customers that are only done every 10 days. when i goto the schedual option and i click new. i goto custom setup..set interval on weeks to 1.. and put 10 for min times between visits. but when the lsit of dates comes up. it still scheduals the person for every 7 days? thanks!

Gopher Support
03-06-2007, 01:31 AM
Try setting the interval to "10 days". You won't have to set the "min days between visits" field.

VogelLawnService
03-06-2007, 06:03 AM
great got it

VogelLawnService
03-06-2007, 06:04 AM
by the way tg you guies are great.. i never had such good product customer service in my life~!