PDA

View Full Version : help asap!!

VogelLawnService
03-04-2007, 02:54 PM
ok this is the problem. when i try to run gopher it says "gopher was unable to initialize the database. please try restarting your system." so i click ok. it then says "unavailible database" 3 times. then the program completely closes. i cant get into the program. so i tryed to restart my system. still the same problem. then i went to my processes and ibguard.exe and ibserver.exe are running. so then i went to the ibserver manager. it says ibserver is running. so i click stop then start. it says its running again. still the program wont load. i entered over 150 customers into the program already and i have jobs that need to be schedualed for tommorrow! please help asap

Gopher Support
03-05-2007, 03:19 AM
Did you recently make any changes to your computer?
When was the last time Gopher worked?

Do you have multiple Windows user accounts?
If so, try logging in to Windows with only one user account (make sure you don't switch users) and make sure it's the same user that was logged in when you installed Gopher (it should be an admin user)

If none of these things work, then hit CTRL-ALT-DEL, go to Processes tab and end ibguard.exe, then ibserver.exe (in that order). Download and reinstall Gopher (get setup_gopher2006.exe from the download page (http://www.getgopher.com/2006)). Then restart your computer. This won't affect your existing database.

VogelLawnService
03-05-2007, 03:39 PM
ok thank you i was logging onto another user. then switching to my business user.. and gopher couldnt find my database. i just had to log onto my business user first! thanks for quick response!