PDA

View Full Version : Palm Setup

Freshcut
12-16-2006, 07:37 PM
I tried a couple of times to install the palm trial software. It does download to my desktop but when I try to run the wizard to install I keep getting an error message, (Error 1323 the path Con contains words that are not valid in folders) I would really like to be able to use this feature and would like to try it first. Thanks in advance for any help.

Gopher Support
12-16-2006, 10:09 PM
Please try doing a manual install of the Palm:

Visit http://www.getgopher.com/palmbeta/ and do the following:
1) Download and run the PalmCOMInstaller.exe file
2) Right-click on gopher.prc and save it to your desktop.
3) Double-click on the gopher.prc file on your desktop. This will allow you to install it onto your handheld.
4) Press the hotsync button on your cradle to transfer the gopher.prc onto the handheld
5) Right-click on GopherPalmConduit.dll and save it to your Gopher folder (C:\Program Files\Ditech\Gopher 2006\)
6) Click on Start | Run and then type
REGSVR32 "C:\Program Files\Ditech\Gopher 2006\GopherPalmConduit.dll"
and click OK.
(if you saved the file to a different location then use that location instead)
7) Try to hotsync again. You should now see the Gopher conduit screen with options for transferring data to and from the handheld.

Troubleshooting
If the conduit file has already been registered you will get an error msg. You can unregister the file by going to Start | Run and typing:
REGSVR32 /u "C:\Program Files\Ditech\Gopher 2006\GopherPalmConduit.dll"
(assuming that's the location of the conduit that was originally registered)

Freshcut
12-17-2006, 12:22 AM
Ok, I followed those instructions and now have a Gopher icon on my palm but when I open it, it is just blank. No info. At least I was able to load it but now what??? Thanks again.

Gopher Support
12-17-2006, 05:28 PM
It will be blank until the next time you hotsync. When you hotsync does the Gopher hotsync screen appear? You should be able to select the date range that you want to transfer.

Freshcut
12-17-2006, 08:21 PM
When I hotsync it just swaps info as always. The Gopher hotsync screen does not appear. All I have is the icon on my palm. Im wondering if Ive installed all the software correctly.

Freshcut
12-18-2006, 02:32 AM
Nope, it didnt work. Both emails were blocked by your spam filter. Any ideas?http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif

Gopher Support
12-18-2006, 01:51 PM
What is your email address? We'll manually add it to the spam filter. You can post it here or send it to us on the forum through a private message.

Freshcut
12-20-2006, 11:34 AM
Oops. Sorry about that. I didnt realize that the name thing would be flagged by your spam filter. In any case, I still cant get the palm working. All Ive got is the "Gopher" Icon. Not sure how to transfer the info between the Palm and desktop.Thanks.

Gopher Support
12-22-2006, 12:11 PM
Click on the hotsync manager icon (red and blue icon) on the system tray.
Click on "Custom..."
Do you see "Gopher Palm Module" listed there?
If not, it means that the conduit (the part the lets the handheld communicate with the desktop) wasn't successfully registered, in which case you should try registering it again with this command (from Start | Run):
If you run REGSVR32 again then let us know what the result message says.

Freshcut
01-01-2007, 01:14 PM
I opened the custom tab in hot sync but there is no mention of Gopher. I then tried to register the conduit again but did not recieve any message after. I will try to download that again and reinstall http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif? Thanks.

Freshcut
01-02-2007, 10:09 PM
I am getting the GopherPalmConduit.dll downloaded to my desktop but when I try to open it, it asks "open with......" Not sure why.

Gopher Support
01-03-2007, 07:40 AM
You don't want to open or double-click on the GopherPalmConduit.dll file once you download it. Try saving the file to your C:\Program Files\Ditech\Gopher 2006 folder. After you save it click Start | Run and put in:
Then click OK.

Freshcut
01-03-2007, 11:59 AM
The Conduit is already in that location. I changed the file name to GopherPalmConduit2.dll and again saved it to the above Gopher file. Once again I went to start/run and entered REGSVR32 "C:\Program Files\Ditech\Gopher 2006\GopherPalmConduit2.dll" but the same thing happens. The computer works for a second and then nothing. No error message and no confirmation message.
I received a message from merlyn who appears to be having a similar problem. Apparently his palm is incompatible. Could I be having the same problem?http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif?

Gopher Support
01-04-2007, 04:53 PM
Which version of Windows are you running?
Right-click on your hotsync manager (in the system tray) and click on About...
What is the version #?

Freshcut
01-05-2007, 05:23 PM
I am running XP pro.
Palm version 3.0.2Hb

Freshcut
01-08-2007, 02:04 PM
The palm feature is my main reason for changing to gopher softfware. I dont mind buying another palm if thats the problem but I do need to know that it can be done. Thanks.

Gopher Support
01-08-2007, 10:11 PM
The Gopher Palm Module is still a beta feature. So we're not sure why it won't work on your particular system.

Are you running any virus protection software? (Which software?)
If so, you might want to try disabling and then try running REGSVR32 again.

Freshcut
01-08-2007, 11:27 PM
I am using AVG which I disabled and tried to load the file. No go. After turning my virus scanner back on, I again tried to load the file and this time it worked. I also was able to load
palmCOMInstaller.exe
and got a confirmation message. However, when I try to load
gopherpalmsetup.exe
I get an error message that says
error 1323. The path con contains words that are not valid in folders.
Any ideas?http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif??

Gopher Support
01-09-2007, 04:24 AM
When someone encounters the "error 1323 path con" message we recommend doing the manual installation. But it looks like you've already tried that. At this point we're not sure what's preventing it from working on your computer. You've tried just about everything we can come up with.

Freshcut
01-11-2007, 03:50 AM
I have a feeling that something went sideways when I did the manual install. Could you please give me the instructions for the manual install again and I will try it from scratch. Thanks.

Gopher Tech
01-11-2007, 07:12 AM
manual installation instructions (http://www.getgopher.com/palmbeta/install.html)

Freshcut
01-12-2007, 11:37 PM
I uninstalled everything and then reinstalled from scratch. This time I didnt get any error messages but when I right click on my hotsync icon and click custom, gopher is not there so I still dont have any info on my palm. Just the gopher icon.

Gopher Support
01-13-2007, 09:42 AM
The following command is what puts the conduit into the hotsync's custom screen:

Did you try doing that command again?

Freshcut
01-14-2007, 07:34 PM
I went to Start/run and entered the command again and got two error messages.
Error-1005 The creator Id that you specified to use as a new creator Id in the configuration entries is already in use.

and the other error message,
DllRegisterServer in C:\program Files\Ditech\Gopher2006\GopherPalmConduit.dll Failed.Return code was Oxfffffc13

Gopher Support
01-16-2007, 02:12 PM
That error message occurs if the conduit is already installed. So that should be a good sign. If you right-click on the hotsync manager and click Custom do you now see Gopher listed?
If not, then you can first unregister the conduit and register it again.
Go to start | run (note the new "/u" option):
REGSVR32 /u "C:\Program Files\Ditech\Gopher 2006\GopherPalmConduit.dll"
Then run it again (without "/u"):

And let us know if that error message still happens. Also, let us know if you see Gopher listed in the hotsync | custom screen after you unregister and re-register.

Freshcut
01-17-2007, 12:05 AM
Yeah, baby !!!! That worked.!!!!! It's Miller time !!!!!!.....
......Ok, enough fartin around. I scheduled some dummy jobs and sent them to the palm. I checked some of them as complete and then did a hotsync. The completed jobs were removed from my palm but dont show up on my desktop as complete.

Heres an unrelated question. If I set up several months worth of jobs, and then get several days of rain, how would I reschedule all jobs in the program to compensate? Can this be done with the mass reschedule feature??? Thanks. Jeff.

Steve
01-18-2007, 08:34 PM
It depends on the nature of the jobs. Do you want to extend finish date for those jobs? Or do you just want to change the next scheduled date? If you want to change the next date then you can just drag-and-drop each date on the calendar to the new job date. If that doesn't solve the problem then let us know what exactly you would like to do with those particular jobs.

Freshcut
01-21-2007, 07:22 PM
What I would need to do is push back the whole season by the amount of days that we recieve rain. If I cant do that, then I would have to just setup each day as a cluster and add it to the schedule as I go. The problem is that our weekly cuts are routed mon - fri but, for example, a monday cut will not always stay on Mon. If we get too much rain where we cant catch up, that monday cut may be wed for the rest of the year. I would like to be able to change the days throughout the entire schedule.

Gopher Support
01-22-2007, 11:42 AM
You could use a cluster. Or another idea is that you can go to the Schedule | Job List tab, sort the jobs at the bottom by Route / Name or Route / Position. Then you can highlight the jobs within each route (assuming all jobs within a route are for the same day) and use the mass reschedule feature. Would that help?

Rdavis
02-02-2007, 01:28 PM
I am a new user looking for a scheduling billing software such as gopher, I have seen other also but they seem to be to complicated or lack of features, gopher seems to be preety nice, I really like the palm pilot idea. I am wanting to know a few things about it before I invest in this software.

1. Is the palm software in full development or is it on the back burner
2. does the palm software operate soemthing like this. "click on job when you get there and click when you finish, and it records the time, then when you hotsync it back to gopher it automaticaly records all the info for that job, "time on the job, equipment time usage, employee time on job, and job completed, etc" as to eliminate all the manual entering at the end of the day?

Also I do not have a palm pilot what should I get? Links please
My operating system is windows xp

Thanks for the info and I am really interested in this and would like to get set up before the spring rush.:rock:

Sorry for any typos I did not see a spell check http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/magicman.gif

Gopher Support
02-02-2007, 06:40 PM
Right now we are using the beta version of the Palm module to gather feedback from our users. This will help guide us in the development of future versions.

The Palm module lists the jobs for the day. You can click on a checkbox to say that the job was done. Or you can click to specify start and stop times. It does not currently handle equipment and employee information.

You can use any Palm-compatible handheld running Palm OS 3.0 or higher.

Rdavis
02-03-2007, 04:08 PM
Ah ok!

when I use the start & finish time feature for the palm and then get back home and hotsynce it over to the gopher software. Here is my question about the equipment & employee (operating cost, etc).

If I have the cost to operate the equipment per hr and the employee cost per hr, etc set up for each job and when I hotsync the palm to the software and it uploads the start & finish time and says the job is completed does it cordinate & update all the expense "equipment per hr cost, prevenative maintenance hrs, employee cost, etc" that is associated with that job " in the gopher software at the office.

Also I am still just messing with the trail software. But does all this automatically update and keep a running total to these expenses that I have set up per job when you click the job completed.

Thanks!!

Rdavis
02-04-2007, 02:10 AM
Also how much memory does the palm need to operate normally and run this program without any problems?

Rdavis
02-04-2007, 02:25 AM
Will this palm work "what I am thinking is a cheap device for multiple crews"

Palm (http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2506003&CatId=227)

Thanks Again!!

Rdavis
02-05-2007, 08:14 PM
Ok so here is the one I just bought (for me not the ell cheap oh's for the crews) I hope it will work with this and please let me know if it will work with the el cheapo's that I linked to .

Thanks!! If all works well I will be purchasing the gopher software when the Palm comes in.

Rdavis
02-05-2007, 09:34 PM
Oops *here's the link to the one I just purchased
Palm E2 (http://www.palm.com/us/products/handhelds/tungsten-e2/?creativeID=LMFB|tungsten_e2_free_256) http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/newbie.gif

Gopher Support
02-06-2007, 05:51 AM
It should work with the cheapest models on the market today. The memory requirements are minimal.

The times entered in the Palm behave the same was as if you completed a job and then entered the start and finish times on the labor tab. This will not automatically update the equipment usage but it sets the employees' hours.