PDA

View Full Version : New Computer: How To Move Database?

georgiehopper
01-08-2007, 03:18 PM
I Have recently installed Gopher 2006 on a new computer. Is there a way to either migrate or import the customer data base from the old computer? The old computer also has 2006 on it and is networked to the new computer. The new computer runs Windows XP and the old computer runs windows 98 SE.

Gopher Support
01-08-2007, 09:21 PM
You can copy the GOPHER2006.GDB file from the old computer to the new one by going to My Network from the new computer and going into the \Program Files\Ditech\Gopher 2006 folder on the old computer (if your network is set up for file sharting).

Are you able to share files between your computers? If not you can copy the file to a CD from the old computer and then copy it back on the new computer.

greenman
01-14-2007, 08:33 PM
I am going through this same process. I downloaded Gopher 2006 to my new comp, and put in my reg #, then I copied the GDB file to my desktop and routed the Database to that desktop file. But I get this error, no permission for read-write access to database. Or I get nothing. No files are in there.

Gopher Support
01-16-2007, 12:38 PM
That's an unusual message. If you go to Options | Database, what does it say for Database Name?
Did you copy the actual database file to the local hard drive on the new computer or did you tell Gopher to access it from a network drive letter?