PDA

View Full Version : Snow Removal Services question

11-22-2006, 11:53 AM
I quoted a residential customer 2-4" 37.50 then $5.00 for each addition inch..

I created 5 Services

Residential Snow removal 2-4" 37.50
Residential Snow Removal 5" 42.50
Etc...

Then went into the customer screen and added all these services for this customer..

I wont know which service to charge for until the job is complete but will need to schedule one of the services when it snows.

So lets say I assign Residential Snow Removal 2-4" so I can print out a job list.. Then I get there and it was 6" I would assume I would go back in and change it?

Am I going about this the wrong way?

Thanks

Gopher Support
11-22-2006, 10:03 PM
Yes, you can edit the job and select the new service, which would then automatically modify the price. But you might want to consider creating a matrix. This allows you to easily choose which specific snow service was performed.

tiedeman
11-22-2006, 10:10 PM
I agree. I use a Matrix for snow removal and I have it setup on 1", 3", and 6".

If you need any help setting up the Matrix for snow removal I would be more than happy to help you out of how I did it.

11-23-2006, 08:41 AM
Ok I setup a matrix. Can you schedule from a matrix..

Lets say I have 15 customers that get snow removal.. Its Sunday night at 10pm and starts snowing.. Whats the best way to print out a route..

1. Go to schedule and select each snow customer and add a service to them and schedule it? Is there a way to tag a customer as a snow customer and do a mass schedule passed on that tag??

Thank you!

Gopher Support
11-25-2006, 10:54 PM
You can print a matrix but you cannot schedule it. Another option is to quickly create a new Job Cluster (Schedule | Job Cluster) and add a lot of customers, or edit an existing Job Cluster. But there's no way to tag customers like you mentioned.

tiedeman
11-28-2006, 06:33 PM
What I do is just print out the Matrix, check that off in the field of what was provided, and then when I get back home check the appropriate boxes in the Matrix.