PDA

View Full Version : Blance forward on Invoices

Natures Touch
08-24-2006, 03:13 PM
I enabled the "show balance forward" on the invoice and now, after several trial runs on the invoices, I have a balance forward on several customers that I can't seem to get rid of.

Here is what I did - I created several "auto-billing" invoices and deleted them. I then created several invoices the same way and un-generated them. I have deleted all invoices and have deleted all completed jobs. I can't find the why the balance forward would be showing up on the new invoices. I even tried deleting the customer (and multiple properties) and then re-created the customer and (multiple properties). When I generate new invoices, I have a balance forward on the invoice.

Where is this coming from and what can I do to get rid of it.

Gopher Support
08-25-2006, 11:54 AM
When you bill for multiple properties, the balance forward is affected by the other properties' invoices. It's common to disable balance forward for customers with multiple properties.

Natures Touch
08-25-2006, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the quick reply and I understand the blance forward is affected by the mulitple properties, however if the customer invoices (including the multiple properties invoices are deleted and the completed jobs for the same customer is deleted, why would there be a blance forward when you add a new invoice to the customer. I quess what I am saying is if the blance forward is being store somewhere in the database, it would seem that by deleting the corrosponding invoice(s), it would clear the blance forward. Does that make sense or am I totally off base on this one ?

Gopher Support
08-27-2006, 07:35 PM
The customer balance is updated whenever you add, modify or delete an invoice. There must be an existing invoice or an initial balance (on the Customer screen | billing tab) that's causing the balance forward to appear. Running a history report for that customer usually reveals the problem. You can right-click on the customer list and select the history report option. Does that help?

Natures Touch
08-28-2006, 08:26 AM
I checked the customer(s) (billing) tab and the initial balance is $0 and the only invoices for the customer are the current months which are valid invoices and totals. There are also nothing in the customer history other than the current invoices mentioned above. When I invoke the balance forward for the customer(s) that have multiple properties and preview the invoices, there is a still an invalid balance forward.

To re-cap how I believe this happened: During my evaluaton process, I created several invoices for a couple of customers that have multiple properties. I used both the delete and un-generate feature to get rid of the invoices and deleted the completed jobs hsitory. I did this several times and each time the balance forward incremented. Every since then, I have a invalid balance forward for these customers. This only happened on the customers that I set-up with multiple properties.

I am now in a "production mode" and I can live with turning off the balance forward feature for these customers and/or I could delete the customers and re-enter them as seperate properties which would probally solve the problem. I am just courious as to why this is happening and whay I can not reset the balance forward.

P.S. I have evaluted serveral Green Industry software programs and this is by far the best package I have seen for the price. Your support is great and your web site has a lot of good stuff that would help any lawncare company grow their business. Thanks

Gopher Tech
08-30-2006, 11:55 AM
Hi Nature's Touch,

If you would like us to review your database to see if we can find what is going on, you can always send your database file to support@gophersoftware.com.

Quote[/b] ]P.S. I have evaluted serveral Green Industry software programs and this is by far the best package I have seen for the price. Your support is great and your web site has a lot of good stuff that would help any lawncare company grow their business. Thanks

Thank you. I am glad we were able to help. http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Natures Touch
08-30-2006, 03:44 PM
My database is on its way. Thanks in advance for your help.

Natures Touch
09-13-2006, 09:13 AM
I sent the database as you suggested. Have you had a chance to look at it yet ?

Gopher Support
09-13-2006, 12:09 PM
Yes, we have your database and we're working to recreate the error and resolve the problem.