PDA

View Full Version : Export Invoices to Quickbooks

07-01-2006, 08:54 PM
I have had problems exporting my invoices to Quickbooks. *I have serveral questions for anyone:

1. *The item code in quickbooks comes up Gopher_Service instead of the item code I use for lawn service income. *

2. *I think I put the wrong items in the original set up for exporting invoices and dont know where to go to change them. *(Journal entry items for debit and credits) *For Example, all my invoices show up as negative income on my profit statement. *

3. *Some of my invoices will not export to quickbooks even though they were created in Gopher.

Thanks for any help

Gopher Tech
07-03-2006, 04:13 AM
Stephen can you send us your QB and Gopher Backup file?

timberlane
07-03-2006, 10:32 AM
yes, who do I need to send it to? PS. I posted under a guest name (Stephen) and have since registered under timberlane.

Gopher Support
07-03-2006, 12:34 PM
Hi timberlane,

support@gophersoftware.com and just include a quick note the email is from you with the problem above.

timberlane
07-10-2006, 08:46 PM
Have you been able to determine why some of my invoices are not being exported to quickbooks?

Thanks

Gopher Support
07-11-2006, 09:41 AM
Hi Stephen,
We were able to recreate the error you encountered but we haven't come up with a solution yet. We're still working on the issue and will let you know as soon as we pinpoint and resolve the problem.

timberlane
07-30-2006, 05:20 PM
Thanks. I purchased your software today after the trial period and will be doing invoices again this week. Just wondering if you have been able to determine the problem yet.

Stephen

Gopher Support
07-31-2006, 09:06 PM
We made some changes to the Synchronize with Quickbooks screen on the latest version (3.2.16). Gopher will now tell you where the problem lies with your export. For example, it will flag you when multiple customers in Gopher have identical account names (QB won't accept that). We're still running tests using the latest version along with your data. But you can also try the new update by downloading gopher2006.exe from http://www.getgopher.com/2006

If you want to wait a couple of days, we'll continue to test the latest version with your data to make sure everything works now.

timberlane
08-01-2006, 07:59 AM
hello, its me again.

I did my invoices last night because I am already behind, but I did get about 40 invoices out of about 240 that did not transfer. The one thing I did notice about all of the customers that did not transfer, under the QB Info tab of each of these customers, nothing is entered. I know this is a Quickbooks created number, but these customers dont have anything even though I have created the same account number manually in QB and Gopher and have updated the database using the gopher QB update link. Just wanted to let you know what I have seen.

thanks
Stephen

Gopher Support
08-01-2006, 06:41 PM
What's happening is that Gopher can't sync up the customers who have duplicate "Account Name" values in Gopher. Then because those customers weren't synched, QB rejected the Invoices for them. If you download the 3.2.16 update and try exporting again, Gopher will tell you which customers have duplicate names and must be modified so that they're unique. For example, if you have two BOB SMITH accounts, you'll have to change one to say something like BOB SMITH 2. Have you tried synching with v3.2.16?

timberlane
08-01-2006, 09:11 PM
I downloaded the latest update you were testing, but even with that one, I get these invoices not exporting to QB. *I only have 2 customers that have duplicate names, other than those that have multiple properties listed under one account. *Is there something else I need to be looking at for why some customers dont have a QB ID in Gopher. *Is there some setting in QB that may be causing this? I have already recreated the missing invoices in QB, so please take your time on this. Let me know if you need anything else from me.

Thanks

Gopher Support
08-03-2006, 06:30 PM
When you run the latest version does it say 3.2.16 on the welcome screen?
Did you get a warning message on the QB page in Gopher that said you had duplicate accounts?
Did you then give each duplicate account a unique Account Name field?

timberlane
09-02-2006, 06:15 PM
I am having even more problems this month regarding invoices. *I have updated/imported customers and now at least 1/4 of them now are duplicates. *Even the ones I have corrected last month and more. *Exporting the invoices is even worse. *I am using the latest edition *.16. Any new suggestions this month?

I went throuhg EVERY customer and corrected every duplucate name and unsyncable customers and now get no errors when validating data, BUT I cannot export ANY invoices now. If I try to export directly from gopher, I get the following error: "Access violation at address 006C473F in module 'gopher2006.exe'. Read of address 00000000". IF I try to export to IIF file and import into quickbooks, I get the following error: "Error on line X. You can't change the type of a name or add duplicate name." (Where x is a different line item. I get 7, 14, 15, 21, etc. It is a perpetual error message). What do I need to do. I have the latest quickbooks update an your latest x.16 gopher update. This is a problem every month when I try to use this program to export my invoices, please help asap.

Steve
09-03-2006, 06:15 PM
Can you email us (support@gophersoftware.com) your backup file from Quickbooks and a backup file from Gopher? We'll figure out what's going on. Also, let us know which version of QB you're running.