PDA

View Full Version : Moving Program

08-06-2006, 02:36 PM
This is the situation:

I just got a new computer on Friday. I was wondering how and if it is possible to move my Gopher program over to the new computer? Thanks

tiedeman
08-06-2006, 02:36 PM
yes that was my post above, I forgot to log in

Gopher Support
08-07-2006, 02:52 AM
Yes, you can just download the 30-day trial from http://www.gophersoftware.com and install it onto your new computer. Then go to Options | Database on the old computer to find the location of your database. Close Gopher and copy that GDB file to the correct location on your new computer. If your data does not show up then that means Gopher is probably looking in the wrong location. You can tell Gopher where your new database file is located by going to Options | Database and clicking the file folder button.

tiedeman
08-07-2006, 08:02 PM
cool...I will give it a try

Sorry about still not getting back with you guys in regards to the triple print. I have been busy with my schedule, setting up the new computer, and networking my wifes and mine computer..pain.

tiedeman
08-08-2006, 11:51 AM
Ok, I did it and it worked. It was a pain on my end because I had to move my DSL server over to the old computer again, real pain. But moving the file was simple and very easy.

Ok, question though...at the top of right corner of Gopher when it opened it says "Unregistered Gopher 2006 Trial". Is that supposed to go away or did I miss a step somewhere? Thanks

tiedeman
08-08-2006, 12:28 PM
ok, scratch that. I just opened the program again and it is fine now. Thanks anyways

tiedeman
08-08-2006, 07:48 PM
Ok, new problem though. When I am looking at my expenses in the expense area, it does not show my expenses listed, but when I do a report it shows all of my expenses. Any ideas???

tiedeman
08-08-2006, 09:04 PM
Ok, another thing about the problem, when I go in and try to add a new expense, the date option is not available

tiedeman
08-08-2006, 09:30 PM
Ok, a couple more problems:

1. I just generated new invoices today and they started off at the beginning number sequence
2. My stub position on my invoice is off

Just seems like the database lost a lot of information when I transfer it over or something

Gopher Tech
08-11-2006, 07:11 AM
We are working on your database now to try and recreate this.

tiedeman
08-11-2006, 08:57 PM
ok, thanks I appreciate it