PDA

View Full Version : Estimates

JMM0254
07-13-2006, 09:07 PM
I do a lot of estimates in a week. As far as I can see, I have to enter each new "prospect" as a customer, in order to create an estimate for them. I hate to do this because they are not actually "customers" yet. I created a customer labeled as "Quote Only" and just today started using this as a "customer" so I could supply an estimate.

Is this the best way to do this, or has anyone a better idea? I would like to hear from anyone that has any ideas.

I also have written to Gopher support asking about how to get the CD displays to put in businesses that I deal with in this idustry, but I have not heard anything back. Anyone have any clue if these CD's are available? I am a registered affiliate. Hoping maybesomeone here can answer one or both of these questions. Thanks in advance. Joe.

Gopher Tech
07-14-2006, 12:45 AM
Quote[/b] ]I do a lot of estimates in a week. As far as I can see, I have to enter each new "prospect" as a customer, in order to create an estimate for them. I hate to do this because they are not actually "customers" yet. I created a customer labeled as "Quote Only" and just today started using this as a "customer" so I could supply an estimate.

Is this the best way to do this, or has anyone a better idea? I would like to hear from anyone that has any ideas.

You do need to create a customer first before you create an estimate. If they don't become a customer you can mark them inactive on your customer table so they don't appear.

Quote[/b] ]I also have written to Gopher support asking about how to get the CD displays to put in businesses that I deal with in this idustry
I will send you an email on this.

JMM0254
07-15-2006, 09:04 AM
Thanks, I look forward to getting the information on the display CD's. Joe

JMM0254
07-17-2006, 06:39 AM
Quote[/b] (Gopher Tech @ July 13 2006,11:45)]Quote[/b] ]I also have written to Gopher support asking about how to get the CD displays to put in businesses that I deal with in this idustry
I will send you an email on this.
Hi, still waiting to hear back from you onthis? Thanks.

Gopher Tech
07-17-2006, 12:38 PM
Check your email.

JMM0254
07-19-2006, 06:45 PM
Quote[/b] (Gopher Tech @ July 17 2006,11:38)]Check your email.
Thanks, got the email. I have downloaded the image file to burn to CD's, but there was also a link that went nowhere, a link that would allow me to print the labels for the CD's, marketing materials, etc., but the link does not go anywhere allowing me to print the info. At the curent cost for CD's and labels, it is less than $20.00 for me to print and burn the CD's myself. Also, I don't have to pay the additional shipping fee from you to me for the CD display. Can you supply the marketing maerials for me to print myself? Thanks much.

Steve
07-19-2006, 09:31 PM
JMM0254,

Let me start a new thread for this here (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=1;t=2885;r=1).

Can you respond in that post?

07-24-2006, 05:17 PM
ok, You enter the info for the customer and they dont respond. You mark the customer inactive - then what.
I mark spring and fall customers "inactive " to stop them from showing up on route ordering and the like but I re-activate them when the time comes for service - is there a way to maybe color code the "estimate" *inactive customers. I hold every name and address for future prospect reasons but it is a lot easier to know that the whole customer list has spent money w/ me and worth the stamp. Right now I have to use MS ACCESS to filter my clients but would be nice to use Gopher - any idea? an MS Office merge perhaps

Tom B.

Gopher Support
07-24-2006, 05:26 PM
When you mark a customer inactive they appear red on the customer list. Is that what you mean?

JMM0254
07-26-2006, 08:16 PM
Can I write an email directly from within Gopher if I have the customers email address and also a default email software installed? Or do I have to cut and paste the address.

I am also VERY curious if the online bill payment for customers is ever coming back?

These 2 items will make for my final decision to purchase Gopher.

Thanks

Gopher Support
07-27-2006, 02:20 AM
Gopher does not allow you to directly email customers, so you have to cut-and-paste for now. We plan on offering online services again in the future. But we can't say at this time when or which features will be available.

JMM0254
08-03-2006, 09:10 PM
Well... I have a personal observation to make. I am not trying to bad mouth any software company, but speaking from months of experience with another vendor, I have just had it as of this evening.

I had purchased another software (not Gopher) and have been trying to make it work. I have trialed Gopher and am just so happy with its' functionability and the support that is available. When you need help, you get it.

The "Other" software, is on its' second release. I have had so many problems with the software, even with the new release. I write for help, his email is changed, because he was getting too many emails. I finally found him and started communications again. After 3 months, I can safely estimate that I have have lost 20-30 estimates, a dozen or so customers and 2 employees. Not to mention the fact that my wife is ready to divorce me because I am on the computer all day and night trying to get the software to function correctly.

I would just like to put a lot of your questions to rest about what software you should choose to be successful. If you think it's a cheap price, it is for a reason. You get what you pay for.. quality and support. The same arguement when I talk with a potential customer about going with my competition. We are all about QUALITY, NOT QUANTITY. We're NOT the cheapest, but we look at your home as our own. We want our customers to be ready to come home to their nicely mowed/trimmed lawn, as we want to. We take or time and do the job right, first time and every time. We have less customers than all of our competition, but we get paid more for our services and the referrals are really great ones.

In closing, I just want to say, save yourself the frustration, loss of business and a lot of grief. Buy Gopher and get back to growing your business.

Steve
08-04-2006, 01:21 PM
Quote[/b] (JMM0254 @ Aug. 03 2006,9:10)]Well... I have a personal observation to make. I am not trying to bad mouth any software company, but speaking from months of experience with another vendor, I have just had it as of this evening.

I had purchased another software (not Gopher) and have been trying to make it work. I have trialed Gopher and am just so happy with its' functionability and the support that is available. When you need help, you get it.

The "Other" software, is on its' second release. I have had so many problems with the software, even with the new release. I write for help, his email is changed, because he was getting too many emails. I finally found him and started communications again. After 3 months, I can safely estimate that I have have lost 20-30 estimates, a dozen or so customers and 2 employees. Not to mention the fact that my wife is ready to divorce me because I am on the computer all day and night trying to get the software to function correctly.

I would just like to put a lot of your questions to rest about what software you should choose to be successful. If you think it's a cheap price, it is for a reason. You get what you pay for.. quality and support. The same arguement when I talk with a potential customer about going with my competition. We are all about QUALITY, NOT QUANTITY. We're NOT the cheapest, but we look at your home as our own. We want our customers to be ready to come home to their nicely mowed/trimmed lawn, as we want to. We take or time and do the job right, first time and every time. We have less customers than all of our competition, but we get paid more for our services and the referrals are really great ones.

In closing, I just want to say, save yourself the frustration, loss of business and a lot of grief. Buy Gopher and get back to growing your business.
Hi JMM0254,

I am very happy to see we have been able to help you.

Thank you very much for those kind words.