PDA

View Full Version : Invoice past due, late fees, and due date

tiedeman
08-01-2006, 08:38 PM
*I will get back with you guys about the triple print*

This is the situation:
I generate an invoice for a customer with a due date on it for that billing date. *

Well, the customer does not pay the invoice on that due date so I have to send out another invoice with a late fee. *I want to have a new due date on invoice that includes the late fee now. *But I want to be able to save the old invoice with the old due date on it. *

So I figured that I could get around it by just making a new invoice with the service and late fee with a new due date. *The only problem is that is shows the outstanding balance from the previous invoice with the old due date on the new invoice.

Is there a way to save the old invoice with the old due date for record, but make a new invoice with a new due date without having the balance carry over?

The only way that I was able to solve it was I went into the old invoice, deleted the dollar amount for the service for on the new invoice with the new due date the balance forward would be $0.00. *But then I had to go back in and re-enter the balance on the old invoice after I printed off the new invoice. *

Following me..... * *http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif

Gopher Support
08-03-2006, 05:16 PM
If you calculate late fees and set the "invoice assignment" option to "add line item to next generated invoice" then you will end up with a new invoice which contains the new late fee (after you hit the Generate button on the invoice screen). It will show the balance forward from the older invoice followed by the late fee. This new invoice will have a new invoice date along with a new due date.

The old invoice will not be affected by the new invoice.

Does that help?

tiedeman
08-03-2006, 08:55 PM
Ok, the next question is, what about if you have not performed any other services for the customer, if you still hit the generate button will it still generate the new invoice even thought no new services were performed?

Steve
08-04-2006, 01:13 AM
Yes. When you use the "calculate late fees" option you're essentially creating a line item for the next batch of invoices. In fact, if you go to the Schedule | Completed Jobs tab you'll see your new late fees listed in red along with your other completed jobs. For customers who haven't had any new services the next invoice will contain just one line item- the late fee item.

tiedeman
08-04-2006, 07:37 AM
Ahhh...Cool.

Thanks for the help, that will come in handy.