PDA

View Full Version : Invoices/Services

07-23-2006, 09:00 AM
I cannot seem to generate an invoice for a specific customer after it was generated and immediately deleted because it contained erroneous information. Now a new invoice will not generate for the same customer. Also, I changed the description on a Service, however that service description will not follow through to the invoices. Same with addresses. I entered the customer's house number after their initial entry into the dbase. When the job work sheet is printed, the house number does not appear. I should not have to also check the address button. This will become a duplicate printing of information.

Gopher Support
07-23-2006, 04:44 PM
If you generate an invoice by mistake and want to get rid of the invoice but retain the line items you need to right-click on the invoice and choose "ungenerate". Deleting an invoice gets rid of the invoices as well as the line items for good.

On which specific screen did you change the description of the service?

Where did you change the customer address? If you changed the billing address that won't automatically get copied over to the service address. You need to click the button with the red arrow pointing to the right on the customer screen. That button copies the billing address to the property address.

07-23-2006, 08:11 PM
Thank you for your prompt reply. The invoice issue is resolved with your help. The addresses are another issue. The red arrow copy button was clicked. However, the PROPERTY tab under the CUSTOMER window shows Description area after clicking the EDIT button. This is the area does not get auto filled when going back and adding the street number, even though the the property address and the billing address show the correct information. So far, I have to manually change the address in the DESCRIPTION. Any thoughts?
Mark

Gopher Support
07-24-2006, 01:26 AM
You're right. The description on the property record doesn't get changed automatically when you change the address. This was done because some users want to have a permanent description for a property that won't accidentally be modified if the address is changed.

There are two options here: You can manually modify the description field on the property screen. Or when you print your jobs for the day on the schedule screen you can uncheck the "print property description" checkbox and check the "print property address" checkbox instead.

07-24-2006, 09:26 AM
Doing it manually at this time is not a bother since there are only a few to change. However, the SERVICE description change is not carrying over to the printed work sheet nor to the invoice. I change the description of a service under the SERVICE category, SERVICE LIST, EDIT. The existing customer dbase does not reflect this change, nor do the worksheets or invoices. However I do belive that newly entered customers (those entered after the change are showing the new description). Any thoughts? Thank you.
Mark

Gopher Support
07-24-2006, 04:25 PM
Changes made to the service screen will not affect the descriptions of existing jobs. If you want to change the customer-specific prices/descriptions for a service then you can click the "Copy description" button on the service screen. But again, this won't affect scheduled jobs, just the customer-specific price record.

To apply changes to the service description of jobs which have already been scheduled, go to the Schedule screen | Job List tab. Then highlight the jobs which you want to update (hold CTRL key as you click on the jobs) and click the "Update Prices" button. This will update both the prices and descriptions for the selected jobs with the latest information from the service screen.

07-24-2006, 05:08 PM
Thank you. I also now see that invoices will only register the new service description after the job have been completed. The older completed jobs do not register the new service description.
Mark

Gopher Support
07-28-2006, 05:28 PM
We prevent mass updates from affecting line items which already belong to an invoice.