PDA

View Full Version : Charging a svc fee for credit card payments

Miguel
07-15-2006, 12:32 AM
I just downloaded and installed this software earlier today and I have a question. I add a $1.50 service fee if my clients pay by credit card; how do I accomplish this in the software?

Thanks,
Miguel

Gopher Support
07-15-2006, 10:19 AM
You can add this as an additional line item on the invoice screen. If you're using Plus or Pro then you can create a matrix for your credit card customers and have one item in the matrix called "credit card service fee", which you'd first have to create on the service screen.

It's worth noting that most merchant account agreements prohibit you from charging a different price (or surcharge) for customers who pay by credit card versus cash or check.

Miguel
07-16-2006, 03:57 PM
Quote[/b] (Gopher Support @ July 15 2006,9:19)]It's worth noting that most merchant account agreements prohibit you from charging a different price (or surcharge) for customers who pay by credit card versus cash or check.
I'm using a PayPal Premier account, do you know if they restrict this in their service agreement?

Thanks

hoghunter
07-16-2006, 10:50 PM
read the terms or agreement you signed when you signed up for the service.

Steve
07-17-2006, 12:42 PM
I agree that's the best way to know.

Miguel
07-17-2006, 09:04 PM
Quote[/b] (hoghunter @ July 16 2006,9:50)]read the terms or agreement you signed when you signed up for the service.
I did...

Quote[/b] ]No Surcharges. Under Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express regulations and the laws of several states, including California, merchants may not charge a fee to the buyer for accepting credit card payments (often called a "surcharge"). You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as payment. This restriction does not prevent you from imposing a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge (in other words, the handling fee for transactions paid through PayPal may not be higher than the handling fee for transactions paid through other payment methods).