PDA

View Full Version : Setting up for two crews

Pro-Trim
07-14-2006, 10:22 AM
We use a two crew system, so we mow in seperate areas everyday.

they are called:
Monday truck 1
Monday truck 2
Tuesday truck 1
Tuesday truck 2
Wednsday truck 1
Wednsday truck 2
Thursday truck 1
Thursday Truck 2
Friday Truck 1
Friday truck 2
Rider jobs

so, how would i go about setting up for two trucks to be running on the same day? and making sure the right people are on the right truck?

I am sure it is possible...I just dont know how....
also, how would i set up a surcharge that automaticly gets added to every invoice for a perticular job?

Gopher Tech
07-14-2006, 10:48 AM
Hi Pro-Trim,

Quote[/b] ]how would i go about setting up for two trucks to be running on the same day? and making sure the right people are on the right truck?
Have you seen this post? Maybe it will help.

Route Example, How to use (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=2;t=962)

Quote[/b] ]how would i set up a surcharge that automaticly gets added to every invoice for a perticular job?

Here is another post of interest for you.

Using the Matrix to create a fuel surcharge line item. (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=2;t=692)

Does this help?

Pro-Trim
07-14-2006, 12:04 PM
Quote[/b] (Gopher Tech @ July 14 2006,11:48)]Hi Pro-Trim,

Quote[/b] ]how would i go about setting up for two trucks to be running on the same day? and making sure the right people are on the right truck?
Have you seen this post? Maybe it will help.

Route Example, How to use (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=2;t=962)

Quote[/b] ]how would i set up a surcharge that automaticly gets added to every invoice for a perticular job?

Here is another post of interest for you.

Using the Matrix to create a fuel surcharge line item. (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=2;t=692)

Does this help?
the thing is, I need to be able to make it so that some customers are alternating "using the schedual function"

i guess I am unsure of the difference imbetween the schedual function and or making the route manually....if i make the route manually, will the route be reacurring?

Gopher Tech
07-14-2006, 12:10 PM
Quote[/b] ]i guess I am unsure of the difference imbetween the schedual function and or making the route manually....if i make the route manually, will the route be reacurring?

Ok, you use the route screen to order how customers will be printed out in your schedule.

Quote[/b] ]the thing is, I need to be able to make it so that some customers are alternating "using the schedual function"

Can you explain more what you mean by this?

Pro-Trim
07-14-2006, 04:18 PM
Quote[/b] (Gopher Tech @ July 14 2006,1:10)]Quote[/b] ]i guess I am unsure of the difference imbetween the schedual function and or making the route manually....if i make the route manually, will the route be reacurring?

Ok, you use the route screen to order how customers will be printed out in your schedule.

Quote[/b] ]the thing is, I need to be able to make it so that some customers are alternating "using the schedual function"

Can you explain more what you mean by this?
what i mean is:

We have two trucks.

Truck A
&
Truck B

they service two different parts of the city each day.

how do i set it up so that the people in the right part of town are assighned to the right truck?

i think i have to manually set the routes.. but can i use the manual route if some of the people are Every other week mows...and some are weekly.....

Gopher Support
07-15-2006, 09:14 AM
Here's the relationship between properties, routes and crews.

A property is assigned to a route (through the customer screen)
A route is a assigned to a crew (through the route screen)

A route reflects a particular geographic area. You assign a customer to the right part of town by going to the route screen, editing/creating a route, and assigning a customer to that route.

A customer's job is then assigned to a crew through the following relationship:
property -> route -> crew

You can override this and manually assign a scheduled job to a specific crew on Step 2 of the schedule wizard by clicking the "Job Crew" button.