PDA

View Full Version : Gopher/Quickbooks on 2 computers

JMM0254
07-12-2006, 07:28 PM
Am I allowed to install Gopher on 2 computers? I run the day to day operations and my Dad does all the accounting. We do this from seperate locations and seperate computers. I am using Gopher at my home with the Palm interface. I am done with the done with the days business, sync the palm, make any changes to the days business and schedule the next days work or any new/additional work. I would like to then send my Dad a backup of Gopher to his system so he has the same information. Not sure if it is allowed, once I purchase the program, to install it on 2 systems, or if I only need to send him a file that he can then import into Quicken (which we use for billing, etc.) Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated. I plan on purchasing the Pro version of Gopher in the next couple of weeks, as I have 30 days left on the trial. I do have to say that this is the best program I have seen out there for our business, we do lawn and snow, it covers it all. And.. the information available to us for our business on this board is just unbelieveable. The last program I bought, well, I think they are out of business and it was very frustrating.

Gopher Support
07-13-2006, 02:39 AM
Yes, you can install the program on your two computers. Then all you need to do to share the informations is send a Gopher backup file back and forth to each computer.

But you have to be very careful. Whenever you restore from a backup file it overwrites your current database with the data contained in the backup.

In other words, you can only enter data into one computer at a time and you have to remember which computer has the most recent database. Because once the backup of the most recently modified database is transferred to the other computer it will wipe out any changes that were previously made to that other computer.