PDA

View Full Version : How to make payments

07-03-2006, 06:54 PM
I just bought this program and needed to get bills out today. I went and printed my invoices. Before i printed them i went and entered some payments and they showed up on the bills as credits, but it did not subtract them from the total or the amount due, if someone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. My e-mail is taylorturfcare@gmail.com

Gopher Support
07-03-2006, 07:46 PM
Take a look at your customer history report. Go to the customer list and right-click on one of the customers with the problem. Then choose "Print History Report". It sounds like you might have billed the customers twice and the payment is cancelling out only one of the two invoices. Viewing the customer history report will help you locate the source of the problem. Once you identify the problem you can edit or delete any invoices which shouldn't be there. Go to the All Invoices tab of the Invoice list screen when looking for an invoice to edit or delete.

Please let us know how things work out.

07-04-2006, 02:39 PM
This is a copy of an invoice, mabye you can understand what i am saying when you see it. You see the payment recieved for 75.00. Why did it not subtract that from the total of 108.25.

Taylor Turf Care
Invoice
CUSTOMER NO.
INVOICE NO.
INVOICE DATE
DUE DATE / TERMS
AMOUNT DUE
DATE DESCRIPTION AMOUNT
Brian
BILL TO
7/4/06
8/3/06 (Net 30)
$108.25
7/2/06 Payment received - Thank You $75.00cr
6/7/06 Mow front, back, and alley $25.00
6/14/06 Mow front, back, and alley $25.00
6/21/06 Mow front, back, and alley $25.00
6/28/06 Mow front, back, and alley $25.00
Subtotal $100.00
Sales Tax $8.25
TOTAL $108.25

Gopher Support
07-04-2006, 05:00 PM
Can you email us a PDF of that particular Invoice and a PDF of the customer history report for that customer (going back to the very beginning). If you can, send it to support@gophersoftware.com . Thanks.

07-05-2006, 05:30 PM
I sent it last night and still have gotten no reply I needed to get these invoices out three days ago i need to figure out what is wrong NOW!!!!!!

Gopher Support
07-06-2006, 05:44 AM
It appears that you might have the billing option set to not show the balance or balance forward on the invoice. When this option is set, Gopher only shows the current invoice's amount as the amount due. It is not affected by any other payments or invoices. To change this setting, go to the Options | Billing screen and change the "Display Balance Forward on Invoice" option at the bottom of the screen to "Yes for all customers". If you're running an older version of Gopher then you'll have to check the checkbox labeled "Display account balance on invoice". Finally, try to reprint the same invoice and see if the problem persists.