PDA

View Full Version : Importing from quickbooks pro 2006 to gopher pro

Pro-Trim
07-03-2006, 10:18 AM
I am attempting to import my quickbooks pro 2006 to my gopher 2006 but the darn adddresses will not import proplerly.

it either leaves a blank field or puts some other colum in the address....very frusterating....

please help if you can.

Gopher Support
07-03-2006, 01:55 PM
Are you using the File | Import | Quickbooks Customer List or the File | Quickbooks Link | Synchronize with Quickbooks?

When you look at your customers' address fields in Quickbooks (the large white text field) can you show us an example of exactly how an address is formatted (replace real customer info with fake info).

For example:
"Name
Street1
City
State
Zip"

or

"Street1
City, State Zip"

etc.

Pro-Trim
07-03-2006, 02:10 PM
Quote[/b] (Gopher Support @ July 03 2006,2:55)]Are you using the File | Import | Quickbooks Customer List or the File | Quickbooks Link | Synchronize with Quickbooks?

When you look at your customers' address fields in Quickbooks (the large white text field) can you show us an example of exactly how an address is formatted (replace real customer info with fake info).

For example:
"Name
Street1
City
State
Zip"

or

"Street1
City, State Zip"

etc.
The second example.

Gopher Support
07-03-2006, 03:11 PM
Gopher expects to see the customer's name in the first line of the address. So it ends up dropping the first line in the address field and begins with the second line. It should work if it looks like this:
"Name
Street1
City, State Zip"

Are you using the IIF import feature?
If so, you can email your IIF file to support@gophersoftware.com and we'll make a change to the file so that it's formatted properly for Gopher.

Pro-Trim
07-03-2006, 09:20 PM
Quote[/b] (Gopher Support @ July 03 2006,4:11)]Gopher expects to see the customer's name in the first line of the address. *So it ends up dropping the first line in the address field and begins with the second line. *It should work if it looks like this:
"Name
Street1
City, State Zip"

Are you using the IIF import feature?
If so, you can email your IIF file to support@gophersoftware.com and we'll make a change to the file so that it's formatted properly for Gopher.
I sent you the file.. I really need it back as soon as possible please!