PDA

View Full Version : Problems opening and using software

06-14-2006, 12:17 PM
When I click on the gopher icon on my desktop to open up the program it starts to load and then gives me the message unavailable database. If i click ok I get 3 more unavailable database messages and the the program opens up with out any of my companys info....like when it was first downloaded and unregistered. I have a back up so I downloaded the trail from the web site and tried to restore it and it gives me the message that it can not attach to services manager.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Jim

Gopher Support
06-14-2006, 09:43 PM
Try going into My Computer and C:\Program Files\Ditech\Gopher 2003 or Gopher 2006. Then drag-and-drop the GOPHER2003.GDB or GOPHER2006.GDB onto the Gopher program icon (the one with the green and yellow "G" icon). If that opens the program successfully then it sounds like you're running an older version of Gopher that lost track of where your database file is located. All you need to do to prevent that from happening again is go to Options | Database, click the folder button, and locate the GOPHER2003.GDB or GOPHER2006.GDB file in C:\Program Files\Ditech\Gopher 2003 or 2006. To prevent it from happening again, download the Gopher 2006 update from http://www.getgopher.com/.

Let us know how you make out with this issue.