PDA

View Full Version : Entering customer prices

RCA
05-08-2006, 06:05 PM
Okay everybody, bear with me for awhile...
Let's say I have 200 customers added to a job series and I want to enter prices for each customer. Each customer has the same price for each application throughout the year. All of my customers are currently showing 0 for a customer price. Is there one page where I can go down the line and enter each customer's price quickly... or do I have to pull up each customer, then enter the price, then click OK?
Next, will that price that I entered be automatically re-entered whenever create a new job series? I want a quick and easy to keep all customer prices the same no matter what service I'm doing for that particular customer.
Thanks
Rod

Gopher Support
05-08-2006, 08:20 PM
Hi RCA,

Does this post (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=2;t=2482) help?

RCA
05-09-2006, 10:36 AM
Already looked at that info. I was hoping that I would be able to go down a column of customer prices and change them quickly as if I were in a spreadsheet. It's kind of a slow process to pull up each customer... then enter the price... then hit the OK button... then pull up another customer... then enter the next price. I've got approximately 175 customers that I have to do that to. I've also got another 100 customers that I haven't even entered yet.
The next part of my question was regarding taking all of those prices on my Round 3 applications and transferring them over to my Round 4 apps.
Sorry to be a pain in the butt. I'm just having a hard time getting started with this process.
Thanks
RCS

Gopher Support
05-09-2006, 10:59 AM
Hi RCA,

Quote[/b] ] Each customer has the same price for each application throughout the year
Actually if all the customers prices are the same, you can use the Copy Price button in the customer prices tab.

Quote[/b] ]It's kind of a slow process to pull up each customer... then enter the price... then hit the OK button
If the above information isn't applicable, then you will have to enter each one. Getting set up with the program can take time but the goal is over the long haul once you have the information entered it willl save you time.

Quote[/b] ]The next part of my question was regarding taking all of those prices on my Round 3 applications and transferring them over to my Round 4 apps.
There is no quick way to apply prices from one service to another.

You are bringing up great points though and I can see how we could do more to help improve the process of getting things initially started up.

Gopher Tech
05-09-2006, 07:12 PM
RCA,

We added a new feature to handle copying the service prices from one service to another in the Gopher 2006 version.

Please review this post (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=2;t=2490) for information on the new feature.