PDA

View Full Version : Desperately need help with invoicing!

RCA
05-08-2006, 03:02 PM
Hey guys,

I'm using a trial version, considering buying sometime next week. I've loaded about 200 of my customers in the database. I really need help. I've gone through all of the tutorials... and looked through the FAQ's and discussion boards. I've even posted a couple of questions. I appreciate the replies but they're a little short on details. So here are some things I really need some detailed info on. Please help!
I've created a service called "Round 3". Now I want to attach all of my customers at once. What do I do?
Each customer has a seperate application price. I do 7 applications per year and the customer gets charged the same amount every time. Is there a way I can put in a customer's application price once and not have to re-enter it every time I do another application?
I've managed to put my company logo on the invoice. But I want to put my company address below the invoice. I tried to do this by checking the "insert company address" box but the info just gets printed over other info on the invoice.
I really like your program and the price is right, especially for a small company like mine. But it would really help at a time like this when I'm "under the gun" to have somebody walk me through the steps over the phone. I'm also looking at other programs like Realgreen, ServiceCEO, and Clip. They're a lot more expensive, but they seem to be more willing to spend a few minutes coaching me over the phone. I guess that's the reason for the price difference. I understand if you can only help me over this forum, that'll be fine. I just need a little jumpstart to get me going. I hope that one way or another... I can get up and running with your program in the next day or so and start making money with it.
Please help!
Rod Attaway
Envirotech Turfcare
770-719-0889
rodattaway@yahoo.com
[B][U]

Gopher Support
05-08-2006, 03:47 PM
Quote[/b] ]I've created a service called "Round 3". Now I want to attach all of my customers at once. What do I do?

Creating a service is just that. It tells Gopher this specific service exists. When you say you want to "attach" it to all your customers at once, are you trying to invoice them for the service or schedule the service and then invoice it?

If you just want to invoice all the customers for a service, the fastest way would be to use the Matrix feature.

How do you do that? Here is an example of doing something similar but with a fuel surcharge.

Quote[/b] ]Here is a great idea that recently came in. When you need to add a fuel surcharge, do the following.

- Create a new service "fuel surcharge"
- Create a new matrix called "fuel surcharge"
- Include all customers
- Complete the fuel surcharge matrix including all customers. Hint: To quickly mark all jobs as being done, click on the top item and hold the space bar down.

This will then add a line item to all your customers' invoices to include a fuel surchage.

Now if that's not what you meant and instead you wanted to schedule the service and then invoice it you might want to use the job series feature which was designed specifically for lawn applications.

Here is an example below on how to use the job series. You can even watch a movie how to use it.

Creating a 5 Step, Lawn Application Program. Using Job Series (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=2;t=873) http://www.gophergraphics.com/images/view-flash-demo.gif (http://www.gophersoftware.com/training/job-series.htm)

Quote[/b] ]Each customer has a seperate application price. I do 7 applications per year and the customer gets charged the same amount every time. Is there a way I can put in a customer's application price once and not have to re-enter it every time I do another application?
Yes. When you create a new service you will see a tab that says Customer Prices. You can edit the specific customer prices there.
It is the second tab at the top of the service screen when you click on new or edit.

Quote[/b] ]I've managed to put my company logo on the invoice. But I want to put my company address below the invoice. I tried to do this by checking the "insert company address" box but the info just gets printed over other info on the invoice.
Have you considered editing your logo image to include your billing address and phone number?

If you have further questions let us know.

RCA
05-08-2006, 04:41 PM
Okay,
That helped a lot! Still not 100% sure what I'm doing but I've made a little progress. I created a service called " Round 3" and scheduled it to occur 6 weeks after my "Round 2" application (which was scheduled for March 31st). I then added 177 of my customers to the "Round 3" job series. Theoretically... I should be able to look on my job calendar and see 177 customers scheduled for a "Round 3" application somewhere around May 15th. Is that right? I can't seem to find the jobs scheduled anywhere on my job calendar. Am I missing a step?
Thanks,
Rod

Gopher Support
05-09-2006, 09:50 AM
Quote[/b] ]Theoretically... I should be able to look on my job calendar and see 177 customers scheduled for a "Round 3" application somewhere around May 15th. Is that right? I can't seem to find the jobs scheduled anywhere on my job calendar. Am I missing a step?

Let me look at the code to see what is going on and get back to you with a response.