PDA

View Full Version : opening restored data w/ explorer

04-23-2006, 07:53 PM
Gopher Techs,
trying to network my desktop to my laptop.Desktop has the downloaded software/data I purchased from you guys. Got a laptop a few months ago and want to be able to have current data info while I travel to worksites. Using gotomy pc requires to have my desktop on line all day. want to be able to update throughout the day, then when I arrive home, restore this new data back to my desktop. This possible? I emailed(only way I can do it) my data on my desktop by restoring to a c drive location. I email this attatchment to myself. Went to the laptop to retrieve and open file, but got an error message saying that internet explorer could not open this , do i want to use another program to open file, is the prompt.What I am doing wrong?

Gopher Tech
04-23-2006, 07:57 PM
Quote[/b] ]Went to the laptop to retrieve and open file, but got an error message saying that internet explorer could not open this , do i want to use another program to open file, is the prompt.What I am doing wrong?
Well you don't want to open your Gopher2003.gdb file in your explorer. You want to save it onto your computer and then open it in Gopher.